Author Topic: William Taylor b1850 Kirkintilloch.  (Read 12535 times)

Offline jennywren001

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with yet another pudding bowl haircut...
    • View Profile
Re: William Taylor b1850 Kirkintilloch.
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Raymie,
That's the Joseph mentioned a few posts back - you'll see he does have a son William to his second wife Maryann but he's not born till 1863 making him a bit too young. I didn't know Joseph Snr was a cotton weaver I thought the marriage certificate just said deceased. Not to say he didn't father little William but if he did where is William living in 1861?
Jen
North East Scotland above the Tay...
JOLLY, Johnston,Thom, Rae, Davidson, Fielding, Sherret
FEARN, McKenzie, Stirling [brick wall], Robb, Wilson, Stott
RUSSELL, Fullerton, Christie, Cochrane, Davidson, Coutts, Easton, Scott
FRASER, Henderson, Noble, Mundie, Goodall, Thain, Neish, Moir

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 09:48 BST (UK) »
It's a bit of a mystery -
so far we have failed to find William on the 1861 and Catherine (Parker) Carrie/Carey and Angus Carrie/Carey plus their son John Carey .
Two things to mention -
William might not be on the 1861 as Taylor. He might not always have used that name . I've came across many cases where surnames are changed as the person gets older. He could be under Parker.
John Carey aged 18 on the 1871 Census is born (if the age recorded is correct) a few years before Catherine and Angus marry. He could be offspring of Angus and not Catherine.

And sadly I have to point out that we still have nothing to connect the above Catherine Parker to William Taylor other than her name and the fact she was in Kirkintilloch in the 1850s.  The strong likelihood is that she is his mother but I just wish we could find them all together in 61 to wrap it all up! ;D
Looby

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 23:15 BST (UK) »
found Catherine Parker on the 1851 census at high st,dunbartonshire, enumeration district 6, registration district , back causeway born 1831, age 20, born glasgow , lodger and a weaver .
 found it on Genes Reunited , i know it doesnt link her with william or Joseph but shes in the area ,3 other women in house and 0 year baby girl in house , pity it wasn t a boy lol
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Ray,
Yes that Catherine in Kirkintilloch looks like she could be the right one. And she could be the one who marries Angus Carrie/Carey.
And Joseph Taylor at Kilsyth could well be the daddy of William.
As you say it's linking it all together that's the problem :-\
If only Catherine, Angus, William and John all turned up together on the 1861. Keep up the search!
Looby :)

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 16:16 BST (UK) »
Went to the Mitchell today seeking  Williams poor relief application. States he  was born 1848 and not 1850 on Coal Road  in Kirkintilloch, and parents Joseph and Cath parker. Its even in red ink saying that Kirkintilloch couldnt find a trace of him to help in Barnhills search for him. He had been in England working and his wife wouldnt take him back as they "couldnt agree" lol so he applied for relief , even being taken here by Central Police once . Anyhow the search goes on .
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.