Author Topic: CAN ANYONE HELP? Any history on the Deane family of Bleadon  (Read 1744 times)

Offline yorkshirelassie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
CAN ANYONE HELP? Any history on the Deane family of Bleadon
« on: Friday 11 April 14 12:04 BST (UK) »
I am researching a Nathaniel Dean(e) who lived and was buried in the Parish of Bleadon.  He was left copyhold estate by his father Robert Deane in his Will of 1654, proved 1655.  A monumental inscription says Nathaniel was 72 when he was buried in 1724, giving d.o.b. 1652.  The Rector of the Parish was asked in 1900 to search for Nathaniel and found him in the Overseer's (of the poor) Register in 1712/13, being the first to sign at vestry meetings giving the Rector to take the view that Nathaniel was "the most important person in the village at that time."  The Rector believed Nathaniel had left the village until he found a headstone buried one foot under the earth face down with boulders on top as if to hide it and noted Nathaniel's burial in 1724 but this is not recorded in the Parish register. This is a mystery I am trying to solve, also I am trying to connect Nathaniel to the Deane family of Weare.
Clarke, Yorkshire
Donohoe, Co. Meath
McIntyre, Goulding, Mulhearn, Naughton, Bourke, Corrigan, Durkin, Co. Sligo and Co. Mayo.
Shakespeare, Davies, Shropshire.
Dean, Middlesex, Hampshire.

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: CAN ANYONE HELP? Any history on the Deane family of Bleadon
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 December 17 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Are u still active

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 December 17 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Yorkshirelassie was last active on RC on 10 Oct 2014 [you can see this if you click on the name] but they should get notification of your reply to the Deane thread, but may have notifications turned off. I suggest you send a personal message  - click on the text icon under their name.

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 December 17 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi There

Why not try getting in touch with Weston-Super-Mare FHS as one of them may have some info that could help you as I know there are some books with Bleadon in them in the Local Studies Room & you never know one of them may contain just wish you want to find out

All the very best

Phil

ps just type wsmfhs into Google & that will find them
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin