Author Topic: Stephen Williams-Rhymney  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Stephen Williams-Rhymney
« on: Saturday 12 April 14 13:04 BST (UK) »
Can someone please do a look-up on the 1901 census at Rhymney for Stephen Williams, age 7, born Brithdir.  Father John B Williams, mother Margaret.  I am trying to build some background information for the period 1901 to 1914 when he enlisted, sadly Stephen was killed 17 July 1916 (France)
I am would appreciate any help
Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Stephen Williams-Rhymney
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 April 14 13:21 BST (UK) »
RG13; Piece: 4942; Folio: 38; Page: 29
Rowles Square Rhymney

John B Williams   36          Coker                                   Bristol, Gloucestershire
Margt Williams   35                                                     Tredegar, Monmouthshire
Albert B Williams   15        Coker                                     Tonypander, Glamorgan
Mary Williams   12                                                     Cefn, Breconshire
Sarah Williams   18                                                     Cefn, Breconshire
William Williams   9                                                       Cefn, Breconshire
Stephen Williams   7                                               Brithdir, Glamorgan
Thomas Williams   2                                                       Rhymney, Monmouthshire
David Williams   5 Months                                            Rhymney, Monmouthshire
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 April 14 13:31 BST (UK) »
hi Groom
Thanks for your prompt reply and the details, very much appreciated.  I wonder if you could look at the 1911 for his occupation?
Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 April 14 13:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry we aren't allowed to give information from the 1911 due to copyright.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AP robert

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 January 15 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Can someone please do a look-up on the 1901 census at Rhymney for Stephen Williams, age 7, born Brithdir.  Father John B Williams, mother Margaret.  I am trying to build some background information for the period 1901 to 1914 when he enlisted, sadly Stephen was killed 17 July 1916 (France)
I am would appreciate any help
Regards, Roy
did you get any further on  Stephen  as He was killed in Gallipoli Turkey Is name is on the cenotaph at Aberbargoed . He  was the Brother of MY wifes Father John Williams  who we are researching at the moment

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 January 15 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi
You say he died in Gallipoli?  Do you have his service number.  The Stephen I researched was Pte 23221 of the Cardiff City Battalion who died of wounds in France 17 July 1916
Regards, Roy

Offline AP robert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 10 January 15 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi
You say he died in Gallipoli?  Do you have his service number.  The Stephen I researched was Pte 23221 of the Cardiff City Battalion who died of wounds in France 17 July 1916
Regards, Roy
This  a page from the    www. cwgc.org
In memory of
Private STEPHEN WILLIAMS

14502,8th Bn Welsh Regiment   
Who died age 35
On the 08 August 1915
Brother of David Williams  Church St Aberbargoed   
Remembered with Honour    
HELLES MEMORIAL     
This commonwealth grave is near Gallolipi  In Turkey   http://www.1914-1918.net/welsh.htm

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 10 January 15 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Sorry I wasn't to help; we are both researching in the same area but as you can appreciate Williams is a very popular surname.  Best of luck with your search.
Regards, Roy

Offline AP robert

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 11 January 15 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Are you researching  the Stephen Williams In this  family?
  RG13; Piece: 4942; Folio: 38; Page: 29
Rowles Square Rhymney
John B Williams   36          Coker                                   Bristol, Gloucestershire
Margt Williams   35                                                     Tredegar, Monmouthshire
Albert B Williams   15        Coker                                     Tonypander, Glamorgan
Mary Williams   12                                                     Cefn, Breconshire
Sarah Williams   18                                                     Cefn, Breconshire
William Williams   9                                                       Cefn, Breconshire
Stephen Williams   7                                               Brithdir, Glamorgan
Thomas Williams   2                                                       Rhymney, Monmouthshire
David Williams   5 Months                                            Rhymney, Monmouthshire     
If so the details I posted on Stephen  Williams are correct   this family moved around the Rhymney valley and were also resident at Abertswg , Before moving to Aberbargoed  John B Williams died  and Margret remarried living in Church st Aberbargoed  and was known to members of my wife’s Familly as Granny house  There is another brother born around 1905 and he was Also John Williams where most of my information came from before verifying on the historical records