Author Topic: help needed for john jones second marriage and death of first wife please  (Read 2268 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
hi all, ive managed to try sort some of the Jones's out and now im after trying to see if a marriage and burial/death exists.

stay with me its complicated.....

John Jones b1810 married Mary Thomas b 1805 in 1833 Mold, flint. they have children Peter 1836-1842 Elizabeth 1841- 1863 and Owen 1838 -1888 all baptised and living at New Street Mold, John occupation is Bricklayer journeyman/mason. now all the census upto 61 has them at New Street, in 63 Elizabeth dies of menigitus address New Street, informant is Elzabeth -Owens' wife living at New Street.

in 1871 census Owen and his own family are at Garden Place, he is plumber and glazier, but in 1881 he back at New Street.

John dies in 1874 found by a fellow Roots chat for me a while ago and is buried in Mold, address New Street.

now looking at New Street there is a John Jones who is a bricklayer with a Elizabeth Jones b 1834 and a daughter Annie E jones - i beleive is Jane Elizabeth b 1869 (1870 on census).
then John dies, in 1881 Elizabeth Jones is living at Garden Place with Jane E 1870 and Annie M Jones b1873. Now all the same details match Elzabeth with John in said 71 census. so it must be same Elizabeth.

i have found the two baptisms for the children and agan both baptised in Mold both say New Street, both say Mason for dad, and parents are John and Elizabeth.

The children Peter, Elizabeth and Owen all buried in Mold, same as dad John.... but i cant seem to find mum Mary....

now i also try to find marriage for John to Elizabeth sometime between 1861 and 1871... any help greatly appriciiated

the second child to John and Elizabeth is Annie Mary Harrison Jones, could Harrison be her mums maiden name? there is an age difference between John and Elizabeth

hope your not as confused as i have been

Weenie

Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool