Author Topic: Hendry / McIntyre / Murchie / McBride (Arran)  (Read 11361 times)

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hendry / McIntyre / Murchie / McBride (Arran)
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 February 16 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Glad it got sorted actually. In an earlier thread I said my gr grandparents were buried in Auchencairn - actually, I found out there is a small part of Lamlash known as Auchencairn. You do not know how that stumped me when I assumed there was only one Auchencairn in Argyll. I dropped a few 4 letter words. :) They are actually buried  in the Lamlash yard with a nice view of the Holy Isle.

Marc

Offline Rakiura John

• RootsChat Member
  • New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 February 18 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello HistoryBoy77. I see you have Donald McIntyre & Mary McBride of Sliddery as parents of your Margaret McIntyre (1818-1900). I've had them on my list of possible parents of my Margaret McIntyre (c1813-1892), but they were always unlikely candidates and it would be good to eliminate them once and for all.
I suppose your source for them being your Margaret McIntyre's parents was her Death Certificate? If so, great, my list of possible parents will have gotten shorter.
regards

Offline HistoryBoy77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

sorry for a very long time replying! Yes, it is indeed from a death certificate.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 January 24 20:13 GMT (UK) »
I know of an Iain Murchie who was at Ardrossan Academy in the 1950s.  He would have been born around 1944/5 and played for the Academicals Rugby Team.  He stayed with a relative near me but his home was Lamlash, Arran.   I recall some family connection to a shop or store at Lamlash.  There also was a Murchie's Tearoom on Princes Street, Ardrossan in the 50s and 60s, perhaps connected.
cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.