Author Topic: Hendry / McIntyre / Murchie / McBride (Arran)  (Read 7463 times)

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hendry / McIntyre / Murchie / McBride (Arran)
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 February 16 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Glad it got sorted actually. In an earlier thread I said my gr grandparents were buried in Auchencairn - actually, I found out there is a small part of Lamlash known as Auchencairn. You do not know how that stumped me when I assumed there was only one Auchencairn in Argyll. I dropped a few 4 letter words. :) They are actually buried  in the Lamlash yard with a nice view of the Holy Isle.

Marc

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rakiura John

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hendry / McIntyre / Murchie / McBride (Arran)
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 February 18 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello HistoryBoy77. I see you have Donald McIntyre & Mary McBride of Sliddery as parents of your Margaret McIntyre (1818-1900). I've had them on my list of possible parents of my Margaret McIntyre (c1813-1892), but they were always unlikely candidates and it would be good to eliminate them once and for all.
I suppose your source for them being your Margaret McIntyre's parents was her Death Certificate? If so, great, my list of possible parents will have gotten shorter.
regards

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.