Author Topic: Quealy's from County Clare  (Read 10089 times)

Offline jordaneschaefer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Quealy's from County Clare
« on: Thursday 17 April 14 21:27 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for relatives of and information about Patrick Joseph Queally. He was born in County Clare, Ireland. Not positive on the parish, possibly Inagh. Born about 1917, died in 1970. His parents are believed to be Patrick Joseph Queally and Mary Ann (unknown maiden name.) Been told he had family members by the name of Mora and Theresa. My mom and I are helping my ex-boyfriend's mom who never knew her father because he died just before she was born. Her mother never spoke of her father. The information I have is from one of her older sisters. Her father, Patrick Joseph Queally moved to the Tring, Hertfordshire area in England at some point in his life, not sure of the year. My ex-boyfriend's mom is now living here in the states. She said that there was a place, which she believes to be the house name, it's called Feighnamungy. My mom and I have worked in genealogy together before, but mostly here in America and over in Poland, and it seems that Ireland seems to be more difficult, and especially with the small amount of information that we have. Unfortunately this is all the information I have on him. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Quealy's from County Clare
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 April 14 23:36 BST (UK) »
There is a townland called  "Feenagh (Moloney)" in Co Clare which could possibly sound like "Feighnamungy" allowing for different accents.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=684337.0   link to post on Ireland general

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 April 14 05:54 BST (UK) »

Have you browsed the Ireland Census for clues, for example, could 10 year old Patrick in this family in the townland of Einagh be the one that married Mary Ann?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Clare/Einagh/Einagh/361707/

Offline jordaneschaefer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 April 14 08:51 BST (UK) »
There is a townland called  "Feenagh (Moloney)" in Co Clare which could possibly sound like "Feighnamungy" allowing for different accents.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=684337.0   link to post on Ireland general

Thank you for this. We found an ejectment record that said "Feighnamungy," but "Feenagh Moloney" could always be a possibility. We really don't have much information to go by so anything and everything is helpful.

Offline jordaneschaefer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 April 14 09:02 BST (UK) »

Have you browsed the Ireland Census for clues, for example, could 10 year old Patrick in this family in the townland of Einagh be the one that married Mary Ann?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Clare/Einagh/Einagh/361707/

Yes we have. We also found the exact record that you linked. We have realized that this could be a possibility for the Patrick Joseph that could be married to Mary Ann.

On familysearch.org , we found a record of a Patrick Joseph Queally born in Corrofin in 1912. My ex-boyfriend's mom does know from her older siblings that her dad always lied about his age. So there is a possibility that Patrick Joseph born in 1912 in corrofin could be her father, knowing that he did lie about his age. There are no parent names attached to that record to know for sure, but I am going to order the microfilm for that record to the local LDS church by my house to see if it offers information on the parents names that just wasn't input to the digital version of the record, or if it wasn't legible. However, if Patrick Joseph in 1912 does turn out to be her father, then the Patrick Joseph who is 10 on the 1911 census couldn't be Patrick Joseph married to Mary Ann.

*****edit****

I just ran this record by my mom, this is not the record that I thought we found. We found a record for a Patrick Joseph on the 1901 census. That Patrick Joseph was 8 in the 1901 census. This is a new resource for us. Thank you for finding this and sharing it with me.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 April 14 09:44 BST (UK) »
That record on Family Search is the from the index books for ordering Certs from GRO. So they won't have anything more.
A research cert costs €4 see how to order here http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=599538.0.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 April 14 10:48 BST (UK) »

Thank you for this. We found an ejectment record that said "Feighnamungy," but "Feenagh Moloney" could always be a possibility. We really don't have much information to go by so anything and everything is helpful.

Hello,
I think the Ejectement records are transcribed and maybe difficult to read- but I don't know.
It says 'Slievenamungy called Feighnamungy'
and in Tithe Applotment books as   Feanaminga.
All in Inagh parish.

With regard to the original birthdate, there is a 1916 birth record for a Patrick Quealey, Scarriff  :-\

Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 April 14 16:17 BST (UK) »
Just realised topic was duplicated  - The tithe applotments c. 1840's show Feanaminga in Dysert C.P - So wonder if Feanaminga was/is on the borders of Dysert and Inagh parishes.
TAB Link
http://tinyurl.com/n3xxahd
annclare

Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 18 April 14 16:54 BST (UK) »
Still looking at this but there is a listing for Feenamuinga on the OSI viewer. Can't see the name on the map (yet!) but it's bringing me to a spot South west of Inagh

Compared the spot on the GV map and it's in the townland of Formoyle Eighteragh west, there are 3 Quaely listed

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0yxe/