Author Topic: Query about McShane/Boyd family from Derrynoose, Keady, Co. Armagh  (Read 2287 times)

Offline McShane1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Query about McShane/Boyd family from Derrynoose, Keady, Co. Armagh
« on: Saturday 19 April 14 18:52 BST (UK) »
Hi All McShane Descendants,

Is anyone out there descended from, or researching, a Thomas McShane and Elizabeth Boyd who had at least 3 to 4 boys baptised in Derrynoose RC parish, in Keady, Co. Armagh?

Their sons names were James (b 1828), Pat (b 1829), John (b 1833), and Daniel (b 1835) but I have yet to confirm the mothers surname as Boyd for the first one, James.

I am looking for the possible parents of my great great grandfather John McShane who married Margaret Hearty in Dundalk in 1851.  I am looking at fathers called Thomas McShane who had sons baptised called John between 1800 and 1833, because I think it is most likely that my John's father was Thomas as he named his oldest son Thomas.  Family legend has it that my family of McShanes originally came from Armagh before Dundalk.

The John above would be a little on the young side at 18 getting married in 1851 but I would like to find out more about him before completely ruling him out. Also if he is not my ancestor, he might be someone else's.

Does the family above of Thomas McShane and Elizabeth Boyd from Derrynoose, Keady area in Armagh ring any bells with anyone?

Regards
McShane, Craven, Shoulder, Carroll, Divan or Devine, McGuinness, O'Hagan, Campbell, O'Rourke, Kelly, Carragher, O'Hanlon, Ward, Reynolds, McCourt, McEvoy, Lennon

Offline marymac72

• RootsChat Extra
  • Mary Ann McShane looking for ancestors
    • View Profile
Re: Query about McShane/Boyd family from Derrynoose, Keady, Co. Armagh
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I believe we are from the same family. I need to access my paperwork tomorrow and i'll get back to you then.

Regards,
Mary A McShane
Nicholson with ancestors going back to Sligo. Nicholsons who went to California, names will be different now due to marriage.
Also McShane parent Henry McShane