Author Topic: Re: Info: South Australian Libraries Holding BDM Certificates and Local Registers  (Read 2915 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Info: South Australian Libraries Holding BDM Certificates and Local Registers
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 August 15 11:04 BST (UK) »
And I would disagree with the State Library being the best option, apart from it being free. The Genealogy SA library is the best option, as Cando pointed out earlier in this thread. Several other local council libraries hold indexes on fiche; from my own experience the Playford one is one of the better ones. But to get the most information, you can access district registers on fiche, which will give you all of the information that you would get from a certificate anyway. The cost of entry to the library is offset as soon as you research more than one entry in the registers, as opposed to purchasing certificates.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.