Author Topic: Richard Stewart, Pte., Highland Light Infantry  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Richard Stewart, Pte., Highland Light Infantry
« on: Sunday 27 April 14 03:57 BST (UK) »
My Uncle was Richard Stewart, born in Duntocher, a private in the HLO killed in action France
30 Oct 1915.
Richard was married to Alice Collins, and they had a son William, born 1915, Duntocher.  Alice remarried to James McNab in 1927, Duntocher.  I would dearly like to know what became of Richard's son William.  Does anyone recognise these names?
Helen
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Stewart, Pte., Highland Light Infantry
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 May 14 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen

Someone else also connected:

Hi Joette, Hi pettsy,

Can I be cheeky and add one of my Great Uncles to the list of WW1 Soldiers for a look up when you go to the Clydebank library?   ;)

Richard Stewart of the Jenny House, Duntocher, died October 30, 1915, Private - 18481, 2nd Bn., Highland Light Infantry, killed in action in Pas De Calais, France

Deb in BC

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 00:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks MonicaL, that's my cousin Deb. :)   We have Richard covered, but I would love to know what happened to his son/my cousin.  Trying to find him on Scotlandspeople is impossible, there are hundreds of William Stewarts!  But thank you so much for taking the time to respond.
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 13:47 BST (UK) »
HI helen,  Don't know if this will help......Alice Collins had family who lived in Dunoon you could  maybe search there.  Later in James  and Alice 's marriage they adopted / Cared /fostered ( not sure ) Catherine ...who then married a chap called Drummond they had a son who is the undertaker for Clydebank/Duntocher.  If you google Drummond Undertakers they may be able to help.  good luck!. 
Myyran.
Stevenson,Wright,  Antrim, Armagh.
McGowan,McGregor, Wright, Alexandria.   Grattan, McCauley. Ireland

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 04:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much myyran, I'll do that.  :)