Author Topic: Help tracing identity of illegitimate child (Little Dilwyn)  (Read 8897 times)

Offline Smurfette009

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help tracing identity of illegitimate child (Little Dilwyn)
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 September 15 09:36 BST (UK) »
That's just it. There are no records whatsoever about the father. Not a name, not even a birth year. All I have is that she gave up the baby and that he was illegitimate. The Wilton family adopted him. There is not even a mention of what the fathers name might of been.

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 26 September 15 21:23 BST (UK) »
Have you tried working out your great-grandfather's birth year from his date of death (if he is deceased), and if so, was it 1917? How do you know that Edith Brown was his mother? Were there any links to Little Dilwyn? Presumably his name was not Edwin C.J.?

Sorry about asking so many questions - Edith Brown is a fairly common name so I think it's worth cross checking the facts before concluding that your great-grandfather and William Ernest Baugh's child were one and the same.
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,
Just to let you know I have received Edwin's birth certificate, and I'm happy to report he IS the son of Edith Jane Brown.
I've written an article about him in my blog (see link on my profile, below the kitty picture) in case anyone's feeling inspired to dig a bit more with me.
Best wishes
Cimbrio
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)