Author Topic: Alexander Anderson b.1792, Clyne.Looking for death record in Sorn Parish.  (Read 10015 times)

Offline Pozzo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Anderson b.1792, Clyne.Looking for death record in Sorn Parish.
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 05 April 15 19:55 BST (UK) »
Sorry about the multiple posts. Am still trying to get the hang of this.

Offline jaxoncanine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 April 15 03:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Pozzo,
Thank you so much for replying...I had forgotten about this post..You are descended from John McKay Anderson ? I am presently in email chat with another descendant of John, currently living in British Columbia, I also have tracked down other descendants of Williams sons and daughters who went to the USA and Canada..If you don't mind, perhaps you could share your tree back to William so that I could correct my tree..I have seen the trees on Ancestry, one of them is mine, one is from the offshoot that landed in Texas (Actually that was another of Johns offspring), a branch in Tennessee, USA, and One in Ontario, Canada..All descended from William, and apparently, his Grandfather William and Margret Squire. ..I have a GEDCOM i can send you, and am available at this email if you want to chat more privately..I would very much like to know more about your branch, and any information on William/Margaret such as DOB/DOD/Details on the other 6 children and such, I assume from your EMAIL addy that you are in the UK..Thanks in advance, hoping to hear more..

Keith Anderson
Albany, NY, USA
jaxoncanine@gmail.com

Offline jaxoncanine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 15:43 BST (UK) »
Quick Follow up..I used the information you provided about the book and found this previously compiled research from it....I have found at least 3 more Generations...Thanks so much..Any info you have re: Alexander and Marion, would be appreciated..Specifically a DOD and any Burial information..Thanks again
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jrghibbert/ftree/index.html#list

Andy

Offline croftergee1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 14 September 18 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith, Pozzo,
I'm originally from Clyne parish and have a long time interest in William Anderson and Margaret Square.
Geoff Anderson in Australia ( descendant of William and Margaret) and myself believe that Margaret died pre 1794 and William married Ann Sutherland and had 7 more children.
I am descended from a William Anderson and Ann Sutherland so am interested in any information on this family.

The only likely way to prove that Your William is My William is via DNA. I have done Ancesty DNA and have made a lot of connections through my severald Sutherland lines.

If they are the same I do have full information on William and Ann Sutherland including gravestone pics.

Age difference in 1841 census rounded of to 5 or sometimes 10 years so far from accurate. 1851 better but ive seen plenty out by 10 years or more.

Grant

Offline Dave106

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 22:47 BST (UK) »
The reference to Anderson and also William Anderson on this posting is of interest to me.

My relative William Anderson was born early 1800's and is thought to have died between 1845 and 1851, and I am unable to find any records of birth or death that I can confirm.
William's wife was Janet Stewart, who I have good information for, and their son William Stewart Anderson is my gg grandfather, who I have good information.

There is a record on Find a Grave for William Stewart Anderson who died 06/05/1845 at Greenock and is buried in the Inverkip Street Cemetery. I do not think this is my relative but the name fits and I am hoping addition information for this William Anderson may be helpful.

I look forward to possibilities.
Dave Anderson

Anderson, Stewart, Donaldson, Wright

Offline nanville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 18 October 18 07:22 BST (UK) »
HI DAVE 106, DID YOUR WILLIAM WORK IN THE PAPER MILL IN GREENOCK IN THE 1800's

regards NANVILLE
scotland-anderson,bruce,wilson,carrick,elliott,fallan.
england-gribbon,evans,snell,anderson
australia-anderson, beattie
usa-campbell,anderson   canada-anderson.
mexico - Anderson and cramer

Offline Dave106

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 18 October 18 16:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Nanville

In the 1841 census my William is referred to as a merchant living in Doune.
In 1851 census William has died and his wife Janet is listed as a grocer.
A couple of other records refer to William as a grocer.

As I said in the previous post, I have not found any records of birth or death for William born about 1813 and died about 1845 to 1851, that I can confirm as my William. So I am trying to connect to relatives of my William.

I found the reference to William Stewart Anderson, who died 1845, on Find a Grave but can not find any records on ScotlandsPeople, that reference this person.

There is also a William Stewart Anderson born 6 March 1846 at Greenock, son of Andrew Anderson and Helen Elizabeth Campbell. Several years ago I was told this William may be a cousin of my William born 24 March 1846 at Doune. However, I can not find a positive connection.

A more recent lead I am working on is William Anderson born 3/12/1812 at St. Quivox, son of William Anderson and Janet Tinnock. Why? Well again a stab in the dark! My gg grandfather relocated to Saskatchewan, Canada in 1882. He was the first homesteader at Saltcoates, Saskatchewan. Records for this town reveal that the town was initially named Stirling, by William and Isabella, because they "came from" Stirling - William from Doune and Isabella from Alloa. But there was another town named Stirling so the name was changed to Saltcoates. May not have any correlation to Saltcoates, Scotland. And the adjacent lake known as Anderson Lake does not have salt water!

Your interest is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
Anderson, Stewart, Donaldson, Wright