Author Topic: James Trimble Family in Enniskillen, Fermanaugh County  (Read 8070 times)

Offline LodgeLady2011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Trimble Family in Enniskillen, Fermanaugh County
« on: Wednesday 30 April 14 18:35 BST (UK) »
I just recently took a trip to Enniskillen in Fermanaugh County, Ireland.  I was very excited to find a butcher shop called J. Trimble Meats there, and also that a Trimble family had owned the "Impartial Reporter" for many generations. 

My great-great-great grandfather on my father’s side, James Trimble b. 1814 (married Margaret Elizabeth Graham), came to the US with his family from Enniskillen, Fermanagh County, Ireland, in 1846 when his son, my great-great grandfather Robert Trimble b. 1846 (married Emma Alvina Wright), was six months old.  My great-grandfather's name was John Edgar Trimble, my grandfather's name was also John Edgar Trimble, and my father's name is Charles Edgar Trimble.  Myself, my father, and my grandfather are all from Pennsylvania. 

If anyone knows anything about my family and if they are somehow connected to the Trimbles still in Fermanaugh County, I would love to know more. 
Trimble (Enniskillen, Fermanagh County), Carpenter (Dublin)

Offline Drummond22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Trimble Family in Enniskillen, Fermanaugh County
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 May 14 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Lodge Lady 2011,
I am Robert Watt born  in 1941 near Pomeroy, in Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland.
 My mother was Hannah Trimble born in the same area in 1916.
I am interested in your side of the Trimble family as I have researching our Trimble ancestry for a few years now, We have found many Roberts, Johns and 7 successive James Trimbles.
We have traced the Trimble family back to Scotland in the 1500s,
 There were many Trimble brothers who went to America, Australia and New Zealand during the
 17 & 1800s.
I am in email contact with a Mrs Montgomery who is a direct descendant of the Trimble who ran
The Impartial Reporter in Enniskillen in County Fermanagh ( no U ) in Northern Ireland.
The Impartial Reporter was the longest running newspaper in Great Britain managed by one family.
From Robert.

Offline patrimbles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 00:40 GMT (UK) »
My name is Kevin Robert Trimble, son of John Robert Trimble, son of Edgar Toner Trimble of Mill Creek, PA, Son of John Trimble of Huntingdon, PA, and Son of John Trimble of Northern Ireland (I don't know where though). When I read your post of James Trimble of Fermanagh County and of John Edgar Trimble and Charles Edgar Trimble, I immediately thought that possibly there may be a connection to your family as this was the first time I saw the name Edgar used with the name Trimble. From data sources on Ancestry.com, I know that my g-grandfather John Trimble was born in 1874 in Huntingdon, PA and when he married Maggie Peightal in May 1894 in Huntingdon, PA, his father John Trimble of Northern Ireland had previously died and his mother Elizabeth "Lizzie" was still alive at their marriage.

Offline Drummond22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kevin Robert,
I am very interested in finding out more about our Trimble ancestry.
Can you get back to me on   (*)   with a contactable email address.
I am in email contact with 3 other Trimble descendants of similar relationships.
I have a direct Trimble line going back to the 1550s when they were in Scotland.
You can read my message above yours and " Lodge Lady"
From Robert.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Drummond,

We suggest that members exchange sensitive information on living folk by using the "private message function" you can find the round button on the right just below the members profile name. If the information concerns deceased folk then you are better just to use the reply button then that gives other readers the option to help and add to the research.

Please note that new members do not get access to all RootsChat functions until they have made a few posts, this includes private messages.

Regards

Sarah

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patrimbles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Drummond22 - Since I have only posted 1 message and 3 must be posted before an user is able to post a personal message on RootsChat. Thus I won't be able to send you a personal message just yet. Best, Patrimbles

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Information of the personal message system can be found here

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline 13pete

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 19 December 16 03:26 GMT (UK) »
My great, great grandfather was James Trimble born in 1814. He brought his family to the USA in 1847. He is buried in Pennsylvania. My great grandfather James moved to Agenda, Kansas where he is buried. My grandfather, Harry Trimble moved with his family to Milaca, Mn. My father Keith Trimble lived the majority of his life in Milaca and is buried in the local cemetery there.

Here is some information about my great, great, great, grandfather Thomas. I am searching for more information about Thomas.

Irish records - Ireland Genealogy Project County Fermanagh Site

Found in Fermanagh Church Records , Lisnaskea- births and baptisms recorded at Holy Trinity
C - 1804 - 1899

James Trimble Born : March 31, 1814
 Baptized: April 17, 1814  Father: Thomas Mother: Elizabeth
 Resided in: Drumleagues   County : Fermanagh
 Records of Lisnaskea Holy Trinity Church

PRONI . MIC 1/73/1

Members of my family have gathered lots of information that is too detailed to share in this format.