Author Topic: Katherine McKenzie(Nee Spicer)b.1902..Where to find Emigration Details.  (Read 16149 times)

Offline MattFM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Katherine McKenzie(Nee Spicer)b.1902..Where to find Emigration Details.
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 02:28 BST (UK) »
Just found this thread a year late sorry, Kathryn Anne Cockerill was the mother-in-law of the brother-in-law of my aunt.  I could put zoolane in touch with living relatives in Nova Scotia if she wanted to send me a PM.

Offline JDWOOD

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 13:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the link to this thread Matt.  Wow ..  12 years years since my post on the ancenstry.ca board.  :-[

Darryl Wood
New Glasgow, NS, Canada

Offline MattFM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 19:22 BST (UK) »
OBITUARY NOTICE                                                                  FILE: OB1084.DOC
BK Number – 1636

The Evening News, Jun 5, 1991

Kathryn Anne MacKenzie

MacLellan’s Brook Road – Kathryn Anne MacKenzie, 89, of MacLellan’s Brook Road, formerly of 531 High Street, New Glasgow, died Monday evening at home. Born in Birmingham, England, she was a resident of MacLellan’s  Road for the past six months. She was a member of the Blair Presbyterian Church, Garden of Eden. She is survived by five sons, George Ross, Garden of Eden; Alfred Ross, Plymouth; Harold Ross, NewMarket, Ont; John Ross, Hamilton, Ont; Fred Ross, Stoney Creek, Ont’ five daughters, Mary, (Mrs. Howard Pace), Trenton; Margaret (Mrs. Lawrence Campbell), MacLellan’s Brook Road; Edith Ball, Ottawa; Hazel Clark, Elkhart, Indiana; Kay (Mrs. Charles Bigney), Glennewen, Sask; 43 grandchildren, 57 great-grandchildren, three great-great-grandchildren; a sister Nellie Osborne, Birmingham. She was predeceased by her first husband, John Malcolm Ross; her second husband, Kenneth MacKenzie; a daughter Carol Kuretski. Her remains will rest at the H. W. Angus Funeral Home. Internment will be in the Kenzieville Cemetery.

Offline zoolane

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Grandparents Oliver Thorn & Winifred Smith.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 24 May 15 17:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the link to this thread Matt.  Wow ..  12 years years since my post on the ancenstry.ca board.  :-[

Darryl Wood
New Glasgow, NS, Canada

Hi Daryl.

Just sent you a Friends Invite on my Hubbys Email address on Facebook.

I would like to see what Information you have on Kathryn Anne Ross who was my Hubbys Great Aunt.

Hope you can oblige

Kind Regards

Brenda
Thorn,Critchley,Smith,Bonehill,Rainbow,Upton.
Associated Families in Snitterfield and Stratford,Shipston on Stour
Wright Family of Wrights Ropes Ltd.,

Offline zoolane

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Grandparents Oliver Thorn & Winifred Smith.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 24 May 15 17:18 BST (UK) »
OBITUARY NOTICE                                                                  FILE: OB1084.DOC
BK Number – 1636

The Evening News, Jun 5, 1991

Kathryn Anne MacKenzie

MacLellan’s Brook Road – Kathryn Anne MacKenzie, 89, of MacLellan’s Brook Road, formerly of 531 High Street, New Glasgow, died Monday evening at home. Born in Birmingham, England, she was a resident of MacLellan’s  Road for the past six months. She was a member of the Blair Presbyterian Church, Garden of Eden. She is survived by five sons, George Ross, Garden of Eden; Alfred Ross, Plymouth; Harold Ross, NewMarket, Ont; John Ross, Hamilton, Ont; Fred Ross, Stoney Creek, Ont’ five daughters, Mary, (Mrs. Howard Pace), Trenton; Margaret (Mrs. Lawrence Campbell), MacLellan’s Brook Road; Edith Ball, Ottawa; Hazel Clark, Elkhart, Indiana; Kay (Mrs. Charles Bigney), Glennewen, Sask; 43 grandchildren, 57 great-grandchildren, three great-great-grandchildren; a sister Nellie Osborne, Birmingham. She was predeceased by her first husband, John Malcolm Ross; her second husband, Kenneth MacKenzie; a daughter Carol Kuretski. Her remains will rest at the H. W. Angus Funeral Home. Internment will be in the Kenzieville Cemetery.

Hi MattFM

All this Information matches what my Hubby has on his Great Aunt and he wants me to thank you for your time and effort in finding it for him.

I will be Posting another Lookup Request shortly about Kathryns 2nd husband Kenneth MacKenzie.

See if you can oblige, once again.

Brenda
Thorn,Critchley,Smith,Bonehill,Rainbow,Upton.
Associated Families in Snitterfield and Stratford,Shipston on Stour
Wright Family of Wrights Ropes Ltd.,

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 24 May 15 23:54 BST (UK) »
Please just continue that query on this thread or it will cause confusion if you make another post about her...We spend so much time duplicating lookups because of repeated queries it really isn't fair.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Catherine Ball

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 12 June 17 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Brenda,  Kathryn MacKenzie (nee Cockerill) was my Grandmother, on my mother's side. My son just completed a school project on her life, as she was a British Home Child. So that is why I was doing a bit of searching myself on the internet! I was named after her. I can certainly fill you in on what happened to her.    Catherine B. (in Toronto, Ontario)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Katherine McKenzie(Nee Cockerill)
« Reply #52 on: Monday 12 June 17 20:26 BST (UK) »
To the poster, who got so much help from Rootschat ...
Please add this person to the Rootschat British Home Child database.
http://surname.rootschat.com/lexicon/dbsig/dbsig-add.php?dbsig_num=1#top_data

Catherine Ball, welcome to the site.   J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com