Author Topic: Noel E Thomas (previousy thought to be called Nigel)  (Read 9660 times)

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Noel E Thomas (previousy thought to be called Nigel)
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 17 May 14 05:38 BST (UK) »
No one has said anything about false representation. Memories play tricks on people especially as they age. Family stories should be taken with more than a grain of salt because they can be wrong.

Rather than your clarification, I would have preferred answers to my questions. Did Mary give you the name of the person who visited because you didn't have the given name of Noel until this thread. How old was she when she told you about this visit. Did she say he was alone or had family with him. Who told you Noel had emigrated to Canada and had worked for the Canadian Pacific Railway?

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline geoff63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 23 July 15 21:32 BST (UK) »
Saw your photo and recognised this man instantly. We didn't know this photo existed so thank you for posting it!
To explain, Seth Suter born 1846 in Zeals(north Dorset) moved to Wales and Married Elvira Lambert.
ELVIRA BORN 1853 BEDWELTY.
1881 CENSUS LIVED AT  PENMARK.
LIVED IN PENMARK SIRHOWY IN 1911 WIDOWED WITH SONS JOHN AND SAMUEL. and a grandson, Evan Williams 13.  ELVIRA DIED 1935 3RD QTR. AGED 82.
They had 7 children one of whom was Henry Suter, Henry Married Deborah Jones.
Attached is a Photo of Henry and Deborah Suter, Possibly on their wedding day.
This is definitely Henry Suter as I have His youngest son with me now.(he's 91yrs young)
Although I haven't checked it out, it would seem logical that these are indeed his cousins, maybe noel/nigel is a cousin from another branch. Hope this creates a new more positive thread for you.
Penmark is only traceable on old maps its gone now it was about a 15 minute walk away from dukestown close to rassa tramway.

Offline sunny51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 23 July 15 22:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Geoff. I am very glad you found the photo. I am sending you a personal message re the family.
Critchley, Morgan, Mogford, Marks, Price,  Pryce,Hammond, Lambert, (Davis) Lane and Thomas in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Somerset to South Wales.  Northover, Samways, Stevens, Clark, Ridge and Thornhill in Dorset

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 23 July 15 22:47 BST (UK) »
Geoff will not be able to use the PM system until he has posted another message here.

Even a quick okay thanks will do Geoff..........and welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Regards

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sunny51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 23 July 15 22:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you Geoff. I am delighted you found the photo and were able to positively identify Henry in the photo. I have sent you a personal message with some information.
As Carol has said in her post, just make another general post here and you should be able to read the personal message (PM) in your inbox.
Welcome to Rootschat. It is a great site with many really helpful people. I do hope your experience is very rewarding.
have a lovely day Geoff.
Critchley, Morgan, Mogford, Marks, Price,  Pryce,Hammond, Lambert, (Davis) Lane and Thomas in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Somerset to South Wales.  Northover, Samways, Stevens, Clark, Ridge and Thornhill in Dorset

Offline robin suter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 01 December 15 10:51 GMT (UK) »
To 'geoff63

Saw your message with Noel E Thomas but I am interested in your reply re Suters 23 July 2015.

Related to Henry Suter and would like to enter into dialogue re his family history.

Robin Suter

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 01 December 15 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robin and welcome to Rootschat.

Sadly Geoff hasn't been back online since he posted here back in July,although as long as he hasn't changed his email address,should be notified that we have posted here.........fingers crossed!

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline robin suter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 02 December 15 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Carol. Did you originate the Henry Photo and if so have you got the original..

Robin Suter

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 03 December 15 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat Robin :)

Just to let you know that we have notified Geoff or your reply. Geoff if you are reading this message and have forgotten your password just click on the "Contact Support" button at the bottom of the first page for some help.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk