Author Topic: James Neil Currie  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Spike1939

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Neil Currie
« Reply #9 on: Friday 04 May 18 20:35 BST (UK) »
James Neil Currie was my grandfather Neil's brother.  Neil was married to my Grandmother Mary Ann Kenny and they had seven children 5 Boys and 2 Girls.  My grandfather died in 1943 at age 58 and his death notice in the paper stated he had a brother James in Washington.  James Neil of Washington whose Mother was Margaret Sharkey and his father was James Currie. This James Currie came from Ireland or Wales and settled in Scotland and with his mother her maiden name was Margaret Marr or Mars?  She brought with her a son born out of wedlock and then married John Currie in Scotland and John adopted or James just took the Currie name. 
Margaret Sharkey and James Currie  had a number of children, James Neil,  Neil (my grandfather) Walter, Margaret,(Scotland), Mary (Montreal), Elizabeth (Toronto),Ruby (Toronto) and John (Hamilton). Margaret left James in Toronto and moved to Thunder Bay with her son Walter and lived with Thomas Sulivan and lived with him in Murillo, Ont. just outside Thunder Bay....She was my Great Grandmother.  Confusing isn't it? Took a lot of research but I met two of my father's cousins when I was serving in the Air Force they were Thelma Burns in Dorval Montreal and Bernice Linsman in Toronto and her sister Georgina.  I hope this info helps clarify things.