Author Topic: RICHARDS Families of Breage  (Read 8037 times)

Offline JaneBid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
RICHARDS Families of Breage
« on: Saturday 25 June 05 01:56 BST (UK) »
I am trying to sort out the Richards families in the Breage area.

My 3xgreatgrandfather was Richard Richards father of Edward Richards

I believe him to be Richard Richards who married Mary Williams 27 May 1822 in Breage and that he was buried 10 May 1848 in Breage. Children of this couple were Richard b1823, Mary Ann b1825, William b1827, John b1829, Edward b1832 and Joseph b1833.
I cannot find this family in the 1851 census! There is a Mary Richards, widow of a fisherman living alone in Porthleven .... but I can't find any of the children any where.

As for Richard Richards I have four possibilities baptised in Breage:

s/o William Richards & Charity Stodden 25 September 1791
s/o Thomas Richards & Ann Goldsworthy 16 June 1793
s/o John Richards & Alice Johns, 25 May 1796 
s/o Richard Richards & Elizabeth Polkinhorn  16 April 1797

I realise he might not have been baptised in Breage but I thought I should start there.

My 2xgreatgrandfather is Edward Richards, s/o Richard Richards,   married Eliza Richards, d/o William Richards on 29 Sep 1855 at the Breage Parish Church. Both were residents of Porthleven at the time of their marriage and Edward was a fisherman. Children of Edward & Eliza were Eliza b1856, Mary E b1858, Emily b1861, Edward b1862, Amelia b1866, William b1869 and John b1870.   Edward died at the age of 46 in Porthleven in 1879.

With all these Richards' I am totally bamboozled.

Any information on other children of these couples, children of Richard & Mary, or anything that might help me ... even by process of elimination would be appreciated.

Jane

Richards, Pascoe, Pryor, Williams, Thomas, Eva, Meager, Strick, Kitchen  in the Porthleven/Breage/Sithney/Wendron/Helston area.
Burns & Barber in the area of Sherbrooke, Quebec

Offline kellyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Richards Families of Breage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 October 05 04:48 GMT (UK) »
My ancestors are Pascoes from Breagside, Porthleven. My grandfather Thomas Pascoe was in the Royal Navay Volunteer Reserve with one William Richards of the same village., this Richards family is extensive and I do have some, although limited information. My living relatives in Porthleven, however are a goldmine of info and I can likely find out more that you might want to know.

Offline JaneBid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 November 05 06:07 GMT (UK) »
My ancestors lived in the Porthleven area for generations.

My grandfather, Thomas Richards was residing at Thomas Terrace in Porthleven when he married in 1920. His family is found at The Gue in Porthleven in 1901.

Richard Richards and Mary Williams son Edward Williams Richards married Eliza Richards. Their son Edward Thomas Richards married Kate Pryor, daughter of John Pryor and Jane Thomas. Edward & Kate are my greatgrandparents.

John Pryor's parents were Simon Pryor and Elizabeth Saundry. Simon died young and Elizabeth remarried to William Ruberry. The Saundry's and Ruberry's were both shipwrights in Porthleven. Jane Thomas' parents were James Thomas, who was a fisherman and Thomasin Kitchen. Kate Pryor had one sister that I know of, Emily Jane who married James Henry Gilbert in 1882.

All these folks lived in Porthleven. I have been unable to find a researcher that connects up to my lines.  :(  There were other Richards living in Porthleven but I haven't been able to discover a connection with mine.

My Pascoe line is from Sithney.

Regards,
Janie
Richards, Pascoe, Pryor, Williams, Thomas, Eva, Meager, Strick, Kitchen  in the Porthleven/Breage/Sithney/Wendron/Helston area.
Burns & Barber in the area of Sherbrooke, Quebec

Offline kellyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 November 05 03:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janie...did you get my email regarding the Richards brother s who were lost at sea?

Also, I would appreciate full details on your Pascoe line, mine is from Breageside. Pleasereply to me directly  MODERATOR COMMENT:email address removed to avoid spam. Please use personal message system to share email addresses. Thank You

Kelly O'Connor
Canada

Offline PollyR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 February 07 10:53 GMT (UK) »
John Pryor's parents were Simon Pryor and Elizabeth Saundry. Simon died young and Elizabeth remarried to William Ruberry. The Saundry's and Ruberry's were both shipwrights in Porthleven.

I have been researching the RUBERRY Family of Cornwall for many years so can help with that side of things if you are interested.
Polly
www.rowberry.org

Offline windsor4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: RICHARDS Families of Breage
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 June 09 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane

My Grandfather was William Richards some records show William Morley Richards, his father was Edward Richards from Breage

My daughter is trying to sort out a family tree as you say too many Richards

Clive

Offline reinier1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 05 September 15 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi, I would also like to find out about my grandfathers family, maybe some of you know them. William Thomas Richards, he came to South Africa in the late 1800 or early 1900, I do not know a lot about him, just that he came from Cornwall..

Offline Daniel Mora

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 16 April 17 19:11 BST (UK) »
Hello! I might have some information about the richards Family, my  3xgreatgrandparent was Richard Richards, he married with Mary Richards, they were from breage, Cornwall, England. Also they had a Child named Richard Richards and he came to México when he was young, i have all my Family tree to that point, If you want you can send me a message by my e-mail, greetings from México 😄