Author Topic: Adelaide Pollock Cleaver  (Read 5381 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adelaide Pollock Cleaver
« Reply #18 on: Friday 11 March 16 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Just a few more snippets-

Pollock the right honourable Hugh MacDowell of 11 College Gardens and of 72 High Street and of "Arlington" 26 Windsor Avenue all in Belfast cabinet minister died 15 April 1937 at "Arlington" 26 Windsor Avenue aforesaid Probate Belfast 10 September to Hugh McDowell Pollock agent Robert Wallace solicitor and Robert John Walsh chartered accountant. Effects £25883 3s. 5d.
www.proni.gov.uk

Cleaver Cecil Alwyn Spencer of 2 Southwick Crescent Hyde Park county Middlesex died 11 January 1935 at Tabora Hospital Tabora Tanganyika Territory S.A. Probate London 9 April to sir James Frederick Cleaver knight and Arthur Spencer Cleaver lieutenant colonel H.M. army. Effects in Northern Ireland £6000. Re-sealed Belfast 21 October.

Cleaver Adelaide Franklin of 2 Southwick Crescent Hyde Park London and of The Sundial Beaulieu Road Cooden county Sussex married woman died 14 August 1939 at latter place Probate London 23 January 1940 to Gordon Neil Spencer Cleaver flying officer in R.A.F. Effects in Northern Ireland £185 14s. Re-sealed Belfast 9 August.

Cleaver Arthur Spencer of 1a Queens Gate Kensington Middlesex died 4 April 1941 at 35 Southernhay West Exeter Devon Probate Llandudno 25 July to Barclays Bank Limited and Gordon Neil Spencer Cleaver squadron leader in the R.A.F. Effects in Northern Ireland £7242 13s. Re-sealed Belfast 14 November.

Adelaide Franklin Pollock born 4 Jan.1896 (GRONI's database), mother- Marshall, also a twin brother Andrew Marshall Pollock
   birth registration- https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FBC6-WJ4
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline traynorm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 11 March 16 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Aghadowey.

Thank you very much for all that information about Adelaide and her family. I appreciate your efforts to locate such a variety of data of different members of the family.

I am curious to know if you are connected to either the Pollock or Cleaver families or what is your relationship with either please?. Perhaps we can exchange additional information ?

Thank you for your interest in the life of this exciting pilot.
Kindest regards
Michael.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 12 March 16 10:42 GMT (UK) »
I'm not researching either family.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jimbo09

• RootsChat Extra
  • Frederick Hurley - Great Grandfather-in-Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 12 March 16 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Have you a particular interest in Adelaide ??

Best regards
Michael.
Her brother (I think), Marshall Pollock, married my wife's great Aunt !!
Dowzard, Hurley, Johnston, Cleland, Sillery, Hanbury, Sparrow, Parker, Hall

Offline traynorm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 13 March 16 16:41 GMT (UK) »
I didn't realise there were any of the family living ..... are you in the Belfast area?

The only distant relative I found is living near Whitehead.

Do you wish to communicate by email ?
Mine is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.