Author Topic: Who was Ann Curtis daughter of a wheelwright cira 1820-30?  (Read 5507 times)

Offline caytiesmum

• RootsChat Member
  • Lucy Reid (1918- 1993) My Mum
    • View Profile
Who was Ann Curtis daughter of a wheelwright cira 1820-30?
« on: Thursday 08 May 14 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

A long shot that someone where to look next

This is an extract from a will

"I give and bequeath unto my brothers Jeremiah Quincey of Stow Green near Falkingham in the County of Lincoln, Farmer, and Richard Quincey of 23 Cursitor Street, Chancery Lane, aforesaid, the sum of one hundred pounds of lawful British money, upon trust to put, place and invest the same out at interest, upon government or good and sufficient real security or securities as they my said trustees, and the survivor of them, his executors, administrators and assigns shall think proper, and upon further trust to pay, assign and transfer the same unto John Quincey, now about the age of six years, son of Ann Curtis, the daughter of a wheelwright residing at Limerick in the Kingdom of Ireland, together with all such interest, dividends and proceeds as shall arise and accumulate during his minority, when he shall attain the age of twenty one years, and in case of his death before he shall have attained the age of twenty one years, then I direct that the same shall be a lapsed legacy and sink into the residue of my personal estate."

I have a John De Quincey who died in 1909 at the age of 89.   There is a John Quincey born  in St John's in 1822 mother Anne  which seems to fit in with the will. Had always assumed the John born 1822 was the one who died in 1909. The John who died in 1909  shows up with a variety  of forms of the name Quincey (MacQuincey  McNamara- Quincey Mcquencey). An Ann McQuencey was the sponsor at John's daughter Lucy's baptism in 1852. John was also McQuencey. Had previously thought his mother may have been  an Ann MCNamara.
Can't find Ann Curtis anywhere any suggestions?

Have also looked for wheelwrights in the trade records.

Options: Reply•Quote
Pritchard- Middlesex, Colchester Aldridge Parkins - Buckinghamshire
Seagar Saunders -Essex

Crowley - Dublin Reid - Dublin  O'Donoghue -Limerick and Dublin  Quincy/ De Quincey/ McQuincey - Limerick

Offline caytiesmum

• RootsChat Member
  • Lucy Reid (1918- 1993) My Mum
    • View Profile
Re: Who was Ann Curtis daughter of a wheelwright cira 1820-30?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 May 14 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,

A long shot that someone where to look next

This is an extract from a will

"I give and bequeath unto my brothers Jeremiah Quincey of Stow Green near Falkingham in the County of Lincoln, Farmer, and Richard Quincey of 23 Cursitor Street, Chancery Lane, aforesaid, the sum of one hundred pounds of lawful British money, upon trust to put, place and invest the same out at interest, upon government or good and sufficient real security or securities as they my said trustees, and the survivor of them, his executors, administrators and assigns shall think proper, and upon further trust to pay, assign and transfer the same unto John Quincey, now about the age of six years, son of Ann Curtis, the daughter of a wheelwright residing at Limerick in the Kingdom of Ireland, together with all such interest, dividends and proceeds as shall arise and accumulate during his minority, when he shall attain the age of twenty one years, and in case of his death before he shall have attained the age of twenty one years, then I direct that the same shall be a lapsed legacy and sink into the residue of my personal estate."

I have a John De Quincey who died in 1909 at the age of 89.   There is a John Quincey born  in St John's in 1822 mother Anne  which seems to fit in with the will. Had always assumed the John born 1822 was the one who died in 1909. The John who died in 1909  shows up with a variety  of forms of the name Quincey (MacQuincey  McNamara- Quincey Mcquencey). An Ann McQuencey was the sponsor at John's daughter Lucy's baptism in 1852. John was also McQuencey. Had previously thought his mother may have been  an Ann MCNamara.
Can't find Ann Curtis anywhere any suggestions?

Have also looked for wheelwrights in the trade records.

Options: Reply•Quote
Pritchard- Middlesex, Colchester Aldridge Parkins - Buckinghamshire
Seagar Saunders -Essex

Crowley - Dublin Reid - Dublin  O'Donoghue -Limerick and Dublin  Quincy/ De Quincey/ McQuincey - Limerick

Offline Paul_L

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who was Ann Curtis daughter of a wheelwright cira 1820-30?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 May 14 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I think we chatted briefly on the O'Donoghue forum. I am also trying to find Ann Curtis and to date nothing has come up. I have also tried to piece together the life of John Quincey (b.1822) and would be delighted to compare notes with you. My email address is paul@riteweigh.ie

Paul.