Author Topic: KILSKEERY PARISH LOOK UP  (Read 2609 times)

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: KILSKEERY PARISH LOOK UP
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 February 18 00:16 GMT (UK) »
You're quite right and I think you've cracked that particular mystery.  I think this is most likely John McGarrity given the location and the informant being Robt Porter who was the immediate lessor on the land valuation record.  His death age is quite likely a best guess but that will need further work to see if I can come up with a better option.

Given that his family remained in Trillick at that time, I can't see him moving elsewhere.  I know one of his sons settled in Fermanagh so (rationally thinking) it has to be that area.

You're also correct with my earlier post of Charles McGarrity being married to Susan McKenna.  A definite brain drain on my part because I was well aware of who married who so sorry if I sent folk off into the world of confusion.

Thanks for this, PippaR

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 February 18 12:02 GMT (UK) »
The informant for death of John McGarvey was J.R. Porter, Coroner for County Tyrone living in Omagh not a Robert Porter. The Coroner's full name was John Rodgers Porter.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 16 February 18 06:19 GMT (UK) »
You're right, of course..... and there are plenty of McGarvey names on the 1901/1911 census in the Parish of Kilskeery.  It's clear that wishing it were so, doesn't actually make it so!!

Appreciate your work though, thanks.
PippaR