Author Topic: fannings Sleanelough (Sleanaglough) Glendalough parish  (Read 4353 times)

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
fannings Sleanelough (Sleanaglough) Glendalough parish
« on: Tuesday 13 May 14 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am researching an Ann Fanning who married a Thomas Moran from the townland of Aghowle Ashford, in Glendalough parish in 1820. No other information was recorded except for witnesses were William Fanning and Jeremiah Moran. Family history has recorded that Ann Fanning was originally from "Pallace" in Co Wexford.
The Tithe Applotment 1831 records show only 3 Fannings in Co Wicklow, William, Bryan and Robert, all three are in the townland of Sleanelough which I believe may have been in the parish of Glendalough at that time.
My theory is that Ann Fanning was connected to these Fannings, as her witness was William Fanning, and these farms were within a mile of the man she married Thomas Moran.
I am wondering if anyone has any information on, or connecting to, these Fannings of Sleanelough?

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: fannings Sleanelough (Sleanaglough) Glendalough parish
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 18:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply, that other post on the Wexford board unfortunately is also me, firstly  I had tried the research from the Wexford angle and when I got as far as I could there decided to see if I would have any luck on the Wicklow angle.