Author Topic: Florence Beatrice St Clair b 1877 Melbourne  (Read 13425 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Florence Beatrice St Clair b 1877 Melbourne
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 24 May 14 07:36 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I wonder if you could please type up the info that is on each of those four marriage certs you have received.   Earlier I had asked about Florence's death cert. 

Also, may I please ask which document/s gives you Florence with a middle name?

Now I have received quite a few details, including 4 marriage certs for Florence.  John St Clair, Horse Trader, Richmond, and Ellen Fogarty shown as parents.  Florence was born Richmond, not St Kilda, according to the death cert.  I'm still none the wiser as to the parents. 

Cheers,  JM 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 24 May 14 09:21 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I can see a Florence OLSEN, domestic duties at 197 Harris St, ULTIMO on the 1903 Electoral Roll for West Sydney. NO ONE else with that surname at that address.     

Do you have the dc for Olaf OLSEN?

Do you have any birth certs for children of Olaf and Florence OLSEN?  Who was the informant, and what info did they provide about Florence?   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 24 May 14 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi
  Divorce from Carl Sundstrom  http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/15701078?searchTerm=carl sundstrom&searchLimits=

Muss

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 24 May 14 12:38 BST (UK) »
I well may have missed a beat here, but do we know what supposedly happened to Lawrence ANDERSON, the first husband?

I do not see a death or divorce in the name which could enable a marriage of Florence to OLSEN in 1899.

There is this ???

Reg 5769 Yr 1947 ANDERSON Florence Hannah
Parents John & Nellie
At North Sydney
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CJB123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 24 May 14 14:32 BST (UK) »
Lawrence Anderson was a Sea Master, on a merchant ship, "Oceana/Oceania Vance"  at the time of the marriage. Florence was 18 and he was about 45, so I presume he sailed out of her life.  Could have been lost at sea.  Florence said she was a widow on her 2nd marriage cert - Olsen. There weren't any children.   Will send all details of the 4 marriage certificates.

Thank you
Adds (Surrey,Australia) Absalom (NBL England) Barrass (NBL, DUR, Australia) Frazer/Waugh (FERM Ireland, Australia) Johnston (CUMBRIA England, Australia) Blundell (Kent, Australia) Rattenbury (DEV England, Australia) Vallance (PAISLEY Scotland, Australia) Williams /Oats(ST JUST IN PENWITH Cornwall England, Australia)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 24 May 14 23:36 BST (UK) »
 Are you saying Florence and Olaf OLSEN did not have children?

Cheers JM

Offline CJB123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 25 May 14 01:21 BST (UK) »
Lawrence Anderson and Florence didn't have children.
Adds (Surrey,Australia) Absalom (NBL England) Barrass (NBL, DUR, Australia) Frazer/Waugh (FERM Ireland, Australia) Johnston (CUMBRIA England, Australia) Blundell (Kent, Australia) Rattenbury (DEV England, Australia) Vallance (PAISLEY Scotland, Australia) Williams /Oats(ST JUST IN PENWITH Cornwall England, Australia)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 25 May 14 02:29 BST (UK) »
Lawrence Anderson was a Sea Master, on a merchant ship, "Oceana/Oceania Vance"  at the time of the marriage. Florence was 18 and he was about 45, so I presume he sailed out of her life.  Could have been lost at sea.  Florence said she was a widow on her 2nd marriage cert - Olsen. There weren't any children.   Will send all details of the 4 marriage certificates.

Thank you

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0zf0/
October 1890 Lawrence Anderson in charge of schooner Oceana Vance

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0zf1/
March 1896 still in charge of  schooner  Oceana Vance

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0zf2/
Nov 1898 Oceana Vance from Port Macquarie to Sydney The captains name is hard to read may be not Anderson . Maybe Ank……

Can anyone else read the surname?

Sue

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 25 May 14 02:52 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0zf4/

June 1902. Reference to L. Anderson, master of barque Lady Penrhyn departing Fremantle for East London carrying Jarrah.

Sue