Author Topic: john grey/gray  (Read 1887 times)

Offline cattao

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
john grey/gray
« on: Wednesday 21 May 14 02:16 BST (UK) »
Hi there.I'm looking for a death of John Grey/Gray between 1847 and 1851 (wife Grace (nee Northey)  a widow + child Grace in 1851 census HO107/1910, page 11), could be and hopefully son of Thomas and Ann Gray. freebmd and opc cornwall show nothing. John and Grace married 13 Aug 1845.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
Regards
Maxine
Gray, Madigan, Purdy, Churchwood.

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: john grey/gray
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 May 14 15:36 BST (UK) »
GRACE Grey was Baptised 15 Sept 1848, St Michael, Baldhu, Cornwall to JOHN/GRACE Grey
Abode Skitscombe
Fathers Occp Miner
(FreeREG)

F/S has Johns Father as Thomas on the Marriage. Do you actually have the Cert for extra info?

The likely Death Reg for John is;
John GRAY, June 1851, Truro, 9 229
(FreeBMD)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline cattao

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: john grey/gray
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 May 14 01:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish
Thanks for that info, I have that already. opc for Cornwall have quite a lot of info.

No I don't have that cert, I'm trying to get away from purchasing anything at the moment until I have tried all other sources.  I am revamping my f.h. and this man is the brother of all the sisters who went to Australia, I'd never bothered with them before, well over 10 years ago. There are 2 more males, both brothers who are giving me grief also. William and Thomas!  It probably will get the better of me and I will buy the Cert, hate to leave things not done!  Why oh why didn't they give them fancy names!!!

I did all my Cornish research from the RO in Truro many years ago, wish I had a magic carpet to get me back! Nothing like the original records.

Thanks for your advice anyway.
Maxine
Gray, Madigan, Purdy, Churchwood.