Author Topic: William C. Miller  (Read 5110 times)

Offline RedWolf0502

• RootsChat Member
  • Looking for my family ;)
    • View Profile
Re: William C. Miller
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 May 14 04:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks again guys.

Will keep looking into everything. Might start looking into another part of the family as well while keeping this going.

Do I have have to start a new topic so as not to confuse the 2 and everyone else?
Borlands from Scotland, Hiltons from England & Platts from England at this stage. Have others to look for as well at some stage :)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 May 14 08:33 BST (UK) »
Yes, please start another topic although you can put a reference to this one if there is a connection. (If you are unsure how to do it someone will be able to help)

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 25 May 14 08:42 BST (UK) »
RedWolf0502 … the CORRIE family in England, looks an interesting trail to follow, if you haven't done so far.  I have had a bit of a look and getting good results.

With the MILLERs, looks like 'ScotlandsPeople' site after your exhausted English records.  Bonnie

Offline Noells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 25 May 14 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Bonnie

Unfortunately Scotlands People means "send money"   ;D

I see you have Prussia in your list of ancestors.  I am currently trying to help a friend with research there and it is proving very difficult.

Any suggestions?

Noells.
Anderson,Fry,Poad, Fort, -England, Australia
McCulloch - Scotland, Australia
O'Shea, Shea, Egan - Ireland, Australia
Sternberg - Germany

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 25 May 14 08:55 BST (UK) »
Baptism: 6 September 1846, at the church of St Thomas, in the Liberty of the Rolls
Mary Martha CORRIE, born 20 August 1846
Parents, Archibald John (tinplate worker) and Mary CORRIE of 8 Church Passage

1851 at 7 Church Passage,  "Liberty of the Rolls", Finsbury
Archibald J CORRIE, head, 34, tinplate worker, b Greenwich, Kent
Mary CORRIE, wife, 28, b New York
Mary M CORRIE, dau, 4, b Liberty of the Rolls

1861, Vestry House, Church Passage, Liberty of the Rolls, Finsbury
Archibald John CORRIE, 44, beadle of the Liberty of the Rolls, b Greenwich, Kent
Mary CORRIE, 38, vestry keeper, b New York (british subject)
Mary Martha CORRIE, 14, pupil teacher,  b Liberty of the Rolls

Just at the moment I can't see them in 1871, although Mary's address at time of marriage is still in the same area.  Edit - see below
Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 25 May 14 09:02 BST (UK) »
jubd … C1871 at 6 Vestry Room, ARCHIBALD JOHN CORRIE, age 54, 'Tin Plate Worked, MARY, age 48 though Mary Martha not with them.  Sorry found the census record but how things go, can't find it again to give reference numbers

Noells … just don't want to go there with Prussian (German) records.  Have been trying for many a year to track 3xggf but still no close than when I started out … sorry, can't be of help.  Bonnie

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 25 May 14 09:19 BST (UK) »
Found Archibald and his wife Mary in 1871 and 1881 still at the same address in the Liberty.  Archibald's occ given as tinplate worker. Mary Martha is not shown with them.
Edit - thanks, Bonnie, no red light till I'd already posted

Archibald's marriage:
29 June 1845, in the parish of St Thomas the Apostle
Archibald John CORRIE, bachelor
full age, tinplate worker, of 8 Church Passage, father Archibald CORRIE, tinplate worker
Mary PICKTON, spinster
full age, of 2 Church Passage, father Charles PICKTON , schoolmaster
Both signed.  Witnesses: Charles John PICKTON, Sarah Susanna PICKTON

There was a double wedding that day as John PICKTON married Elizabeth Martha CORRIE - PICKTON and CORRIE parents are the same as already given

Judith

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 25 May 14 09:26 BST (UK) »
Bingo Judith - I too found the same re marriages etc .. and no 'red light' needed - your a fantastic researcher.

Interesting to have a look on Wikipedia re Liberty of the Rolls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_of_the_Rolls

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 25 May 14 09:34 BST (UK) »
Well - looks like Archibald came to Australia

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/13960830
Died at 6 Princes St, home of his son-in-law (Mr James MILLER) 21 July 1894, aged 77, native of London.
NSW BMD
992/1894, #992 registered at Sydney   
Archibald J CORRIE, parents unknown. 

The Funeral Notice, which has no further information, is on p8 of the same paper.  He was buried at the Necropolis.

Judith