Author Topic: William C. Miller  (Read 5117 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William C. Miller
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 25 May 14 09:48 BST (UK) »
From the England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 we see that Mary died at Vestry House in London, 7 October, 1882.

Administration of her will with an estate of 77pounds and tenpence, was granted to her husband Archibald John CORRIE, tinplate worker, of Vestry House, Church Passage, Chancery Lane.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RedWolf0502

• RootsChat Member
  • Looking for my family ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 25 May 14 11:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks again everyone.

Wish other branches were as easy
Borlands from Scotland, Hiltons from England & Platts from England at this stage. Have others to look for as well at some stage :)

Offline RedWolf0502

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 25 May 14 11:26 BST (UK) »
But if I read this correctly:

Archibald John CORRIE, bachelor
full age, tinplate worker, of 8 Church Passage, father Archibald CORRIE, tinplate worker

Then Archibald's father was also called Archibald?
Borlands from Scotland, Hiltons from England & Platts from England at this stage. Have others to look for as well at some stage :)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 25 May 14 13:56 BST (UK) »
That's how it reads, RedWolf - unless the church clerk got it wrong, but, given the father's name and occupation is the same for all of these marriages it would seem to be correct.

Goodness me - another CORRIE-PICKTON marriage

31 Dec 1844 at St Dunstan in the West, city of London, both of full age. 
Only one address is given: Church Passage, Chancery Lane
Sarah Susanna CORRIE, spinster, father: Archibald CORRIE, tinplater
Charles James PICKTON, bachelor, printer, father:  Charles PICKTON, deceased
Witnesses: Charles Walter? MARTIN, Rose Ellen ELLIS.

I cannot see a baptism for Archibald John who gives his birthplace as Greenwich on all census entries.  I see two baptisms at St Marylebone, each with parents Archibald and Sarah CORRIE.  Occupation given for Archibald: trade

Sarah Susanna CORRIE, baptised 14 May 1815
Henry CORRIE, baptised 12 July 1819

You will recall that Charles John PICKTON and Susanna Sarah PICKTON were witnesses for Archibald and Mary's marriage 6 months later.

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

Offline RedWolf0502

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 06:58 BST (UK) »
Apart from asking on here where would be a good place to start looking for Archibald Snr's wife? Should I also start asking in the England section of Roots, or can I keep it all here for ease of access?

Thanks

Offline RedWolf0502

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 07:01 BST (UK) »
Also I want to start on the Budden side, with Eva Cora Budden. Would I need to link this topic with the one on the Buddens or do I keep it seperate, not thinking there would be too much crossover....although you never know.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 07:40 BST (UK) »
As you are wanting to go back further with Eva Cora BUDDEN it seems sensible to me for you to start a separate new thread on this Australian board with her name in the heading.  A link to this thread is easily made but you are looking at her family before she married so this thread is not so relevant.

This seems to be her birth, so it's probably better to stay with Australia for the time being for her.

NSW 1886 #24166, registered at Murrurundi, New South Wales
Eva C BUDDEN
Parents: Frederick W Budden, Emily A

There is a public tree with a lot of information on Ancestry.  You would need to verify it though as lots of these tree copy each other's incorrect information although one of the trees has some good references so perhaps the info is ok.

As for Archibald snr - I can see some possibilities for him but haven't time to pursue them today.  Posting on the London board, again with a link to this thread may be worthwhile.

Judith

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 09:37 BST (UK) »
Death of Emily Ann BUDDEN in 1928

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article16488092

BUDDEN.-August 18, 1928, at the residence of her
daughter, Mrs T. T. Worth, of Cabramatta, Emily
Ann, widow of the late Frederick William Budden, of
Murrurundi, and beloved mother of Mabel, Percy,
Eva, and Ida (deceased), aged 73 years.

NSW BDM  reg 12785/1928    BUDDEN EMILY A   father  CHARLES mother    JANET at    LIVERPOOL

regards
  Ros

adding : funeral notice for Ida Florence McKenna in 1919 (sister to Eva) http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article16488092

adding : ruby wedding for Mabel http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article27933191
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 09:51 BST (UK) »
A long obit to Mrs Percy, mother of Fred BUDDEN of Murrurundi
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article78714990

The deceased lady was in  her 65th year, having been born in May, 1833. She leaves a grown up
family all in comfortable circumstances, and had been twice married  Her first husband, Edward Budden
died about 30 years ago, the issue being four sons and four daughters.
They are —Elijah Budden, of Merriwa;Fred. Budden, of Murrurundi ; Frank Budden, of Muswellbrook ; WilliamBudden, of Singleton ; Mrs Williams, of Sydney; Mrs Ad. Mather, of Singleton; Miss "Pet" Budden, of Singleton ; and Mrs W. B. Thomas, of Brisbane, Queensland. Her second husband was William Hotspur Percy,who died in October, 1894. The issueof the second marriage was Miss Maud Percy, 19 years of age.

Lots more ...

cheers,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland