Author Topic: Who now owns Cornaher House near Tyrellspass and who just sold it?  (Read 4178 times)

Offline villandra

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Who now owns Cornaher House near Tyrellspass and who just sold it?
« on: Saturday 24 May 14 23:48 BST (UK) »
At http://www.coonan.com/listing/2782213/ ,  it says that Cornaher House, in Cornaher, County Westmeath, near Tyrellspass, was scheduled to be auctioned, at Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth, Co Kildare.   It was most recently a bed and breakfast.  It began as one of the core Lowe estates, then passed to the Vignoles family in the early 19th century, and they built a nice Georgian mansion on it. 

I wonder if anyone can tell me who auctioned it, and who bought it.  I need some historical information on the place.   

I need some historical information.   Deeds prove that my ancestors owned 158 acres there. Though in 1854 the estate was 666 acres, the current "Cornaher Farm" is described as "approximately 160 acres", leaving me wondering if my ancestors actually owned the mansion, though they were farmers.   In addition to the mansion there are facilities for rearing cattle on the farm, and I think it was a working farm of some sort in addition to a bed and breakfast.

I want to contact the sellers or the owners to find out if my Lowes owned it and what more information is known about them than is in the deeds, which do not include how or when they got the property there. 

Thanks!

Yours,
Dora Smith

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Who now owns Cornaher House near Tyrellspass and who just sold it?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 May 14 11:34 BST (UK) »
can Rea Real Estate Coonan not tell you this?

http://www.builidingsofireland.ie

this house is registered no. 15403810
so they might be able to tell you who owns it now.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~villandra/loweblarney.html

this site tells you about the house.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 May 14 11:45 BST (UK) »

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline villandra

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 May 14 22:29 BST (UK) »
Um, I wrote that blarney gene page.   LOL.

I'm following up on specific information that suggests some of my direct Lowe ancestors or 1st or 2nd degree relatives lived there and owned land there, and may even have owned the mansion/ farmhouse.  Both the land htey owned and the "farmhouse" are described as close to 160 acres.   

So I need to know who to ask.  The informatoin I have comes from someone casing the deeds office in Dublin.  They didn't find how this Lowe family acquired the land, nor what land they specifically acquire,d, though to be sure what I have is abstracts.   

Dora