Author Topic: Market Lavington St Mary NORTH WALL  (Read 5940 times)

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Market Lavington St Mary NORTH WALL
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 June 14 18:15 BST (UK) »
Also, the tower is at the west end of the church.
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 June 14 02:52 BST (UK) »

thanks youngtug.....     i am not a student of architecture......   i wouldnt know one bit from another on the actual buildings........   as its not my interest........    I just needed to know what i needed to know what to ask for regardes the kind soul who is going to do the pics...........

kgarrad......................... i dont always know how to ask a question or have the knowledge about such things...........your continuance of nit picking is unnessecary. and i would ask you to stop unduly critiquing me.    there is no need for u to pick every sentence apart and in future i will not bother to ask as i am getting sick of being belittled , and my family who often sit next to me on the computer have had enough. I was overwelmed to find something to do with my family and was in a VERY positive frame of mind. U have turned it into a scenario of negative reaction which now i find i am not even really interested in knowing what the flipping paques look like. thanks a lot.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 June 14 20:49 BST (UK) »
What a shame if you have lost interest, fastfusion.

I didnt know that Churches were built east to west either, or which end the alter was!

But, as I said before, it really wasnt clear what you were asking.

Also, as  I said before, googling brings up a contact address for the Church, so if I were you I would write to them direct and ask what you want to know -
http://www.findachurch.co.uk/search/church_view.php?church_id=39054

But if you have trouble expressing yourself, it might be an idea to get a friend or rellie to look through your letter to make sure it is clear. Thats always a good practice for anyone to follow, as it is all to easy for something to look abundantly clear to oneself, but seem a load of rubbish to someone else.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 June 14 21:44 BST (UK) »
fastfusion,

There is a site which has lots of photos of places - from the grand to the most mundane - of places in the British Isles and many people post photos of the interiors of parish churches.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/

It has been around a while and there are many recommendations here on RootsChat to use it for modern photos.  You may find it useful.

There is this lovely picture of the nave of St Mary's, looking east towards the altar, so the north wall would be to the left:

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2685526

I think you may have come across reference to some memorial inscriptions - there are a couple of pictures on the same site of some, but of course they may not be the ones you seek, since you did not mention a name  :(  Without a name it is well nigh impossible for anyone to help you.  Does your source have any pictures at all?

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk