Author Topic: Can You Tell if a Baby/Toddler is a Boy Based On Hairstyle?  (Read 4609 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Can You Tell if a Baby/Toddler is a Boy Based On Hairstyle?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 June 14 01:00 BST (UK) »
I really wouldn't have been able to tell which was which - so I'm glad I got it wrong in a way, just to say it's not very obvious I don't think.

The one on the left looked a bit like one of our neighbours (a grown up chap), so that's why I thought it may have been your dear father.

I'm sorry about that.

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline tommyfromri

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 June 14 04:10 BST (UK) »
 It's mentioned that toddler boys wore much shorter dresses and this was done until they were potty trained. This site gives other clues also.  And I notice the boy is wearing a much shorter dress. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeching_(boys)    , Tommy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 June 14 10:09 BST (UK) »
Tommy - I'd never thought about the length of the dress, but I did notice that my dad's - underneath the white top - was a dark colour whilst his sister had a lighter colour.

Trystan, don't worry about getting it wrong, my dad would probably think it was hilarious that you thought he was his sister and she was him.