Author Topic: PHILP family Portmoak 1700's  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Janet Mc

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PHILP family Portmoak 1700's
« on: Friday 06 June 14 08:36 BST (UK) »
Looking for more children of this family Alexander PHILP and Janet SWAN around 1760's. I have one daughter born 1763 -Margaret.

Also wondering if any burials for this couple and family. Especially looking for one for Marg PHILP (Williamson) from 1793-1821.

Thank you for any help.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Archambaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PHILP family Portmoak 1700's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 January 17 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Janet, I am very new to RootsChat, but I have been advised to try to contact you by email if poss. My cousin in Oz and  I are chasing WILLIAMSONS who emigrated to Hobart, NZ. JANET W married Dr. David Strang, our 3x GrUncle from Sanday, Orkney, hence our interest. I have got most of Janet's (AKA Jessie) siblings, and my cousin has just found them entering Hobart on the DRUMMORE. We have copy of Jeessie's oobit and a pic of her grave. BTW I would be very interested in knowing where James W is buried do I can get a pic of the grave. I live in Kinross. Hope to hear from you if you see this ! All a bit of a mystery yet !!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Archambaud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 January 17 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Still trying to get my head round RootsChat ! Got your reply, Janet, but I am not allowed to reply apparently, because I am new. Not sure how I got a PM through to you ? After three posts I should be able to communicate by PM. My cousin in Oz is trying to get more info on the Williamsons for a friend. BTW a local plumber and Brother Curler in Kinross has the surname PHILP, but I do not know if he does Family History? I do not think I am allowed to put my email address here, but if we manage to communicate by PM, then that may be possible.   ::)

Offline Janet Mc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 09:32 BST (UK) »
James Williamson junior buried
26 Mar 1824 KIrkaldy, Fife, Scotland    (Christening 13 Feb 1779 Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland)

His father, also James Williamson died 8 years later - (Death 19 Mar 1832 Kirkaldy, Fife, Scotland)

I would be delighted if someone in Fife area could go and find out if there is a burial record with more details and a tomb stone.

The wife of JW junior was Elizabeth Whyte Death
31 Dec 1827 KIrkaldy, Fife, Scotland   her father was Thomas WHITE of Largo and died in 1834 but there are two possible burials in the same year. One was Lundin Mill I believe.

JW senior was married twice. His first wife Margaret PHILP died somewhere between 1793 (birth of last child) and 1821 (his remarriage to Euphemia Stuart). Would love someone to find her. I haven't succeeded.

Do you have a copy of both JW's wills? If you can now manage to get in touch via personal message I can send you what I have.