Author Topic: Stinson Irish Records Office  (Read 3901 times)

Offline annypanny

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stinson Irish Records Office
« on: Saturday 07 June 14 17:42 BST (UK) »
Could anyone spare some time to lookup the following: 

Stinson    Thomas    
born c1839 (unknown)    died abt. 1910    Clones, Fermanagh, Ireland

I think he married an Ellen Hall c 1870

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stinson Irish Records Office
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 June 14 21:12 BST (UK) »
Irish marriage & death records are not viewable on-line free. You will need to pay to obtain the information you want.

I think the marriage you are interested in was registered in Cootehill 1875 Volume 18, page 155. Parties were Thomas Steenson & Ellen Hall.

The death for Thos Stinson was registered in Clones Jul - Sept 1910, Vol 3, page 67.

You can order a photocopy of the certificates from GRO Roscommon for €4 each.  http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply-for-Certificates.aspx

You have to download and print off the form. Then either post or fax it back to them. You can’t e-mail it to them. However if you want them to e-mail the cert to back to you, they will do that, so tick the relevant box.

Put the reference details on the form (anywhere). Don’t worry about leaving some boxes blank. As long as GRO have the location, name(s), year, quarter (where there is one), volume and page number they should find it.

Tradition was to marry in the bride’s church (which will be on the certificate unless it was a Registry Office marriage). That may be the place to look for her baptism and that of any siblings.
Elwyn

Offline annypanny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 June 14 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for this...I found a marriage record on A***stry and it gave two parties names and didn't make it clear who was married to whom and wasnt' sure if I'd found the right one.  I found a death I think on another well known genie site but not if it's his death.  I also searched for the marriage on the new GRONI site but couldn't find it on there either. 

Thanks again for you help much appreciated,

Annie

Offline annypanny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 June 14 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Again was on the NI Direct site again looking for the death of Thos Stinson 1910 but again it's not there!  Very confused....

Annie

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 June 14 22:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Again was on the NI Direct site again looking for the death of Thos Stinson 1910 but again it's not there!  Very confused....

Annie

The marriage & death weren't in what is now Northern Ireland so you won't find them on the NI Direct site. Both events occurred in Co Monaghan. You will need to order copies of the certs from GRO Roscommon using the information I gave you. (NI Direct only has BDM events in Cos Antrim, Down, Londonderry, Armagh, Tyrone & Fermanagh).
Elwyn

Offline annypanny

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 June 14 22:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks again....I need to brush up on my Irish history!