Author Topic: Johanna Audley married someone called Martin  (Read 1479 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Johanna Audley married someone called Martin
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 June 14 01:43 BST (UK) »
In the Chicago Daily Tribune from 13 Jul. 1905, in a list of burial permits that were issued, there is this:

Lyng, Johanna, (age) 50, 60 Grand-pl., July 11

Offline audbr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 June 14 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi shellyesq,
Many thanks for the information.

Regards
Brian
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jmmcclo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 July 17 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Brian, Johanna Audley and Martin Lyng were my Great Great Grandparents! Are we related??? I ordered Johanna's Death Certificate via Cook County Clerk's Office and will post it to my family tree on Ancestry.com. If you send me your email address I will send you a guest link to view my tree. Johanna's granddaughter, (*), is alive and resides in Chicago and is in her 90's!

Johanna is buried in Mt. Carmel Cemetery with her daughter Helen Lyng and husband William Timothy Moloney (my great grandparents and (*)'s parents). Do you have names of Johanna's parent's or the names of Johanna's siblings? This would be a big breakthrough!

According to my tree, Martin's father was John Lyng and I believe Ann Walsh was his stepmother (Martin was born 12-20 years prior to his other 9 siblings).  I believe when Johanna died in 1905, Martin had his brother Alexander care for his 5 children (3 were teenage adults), including my great grandmother Helen who was 15 at the time. I don't believe there was much, if any, contact from Martin after that. They say he remarried and had another family but I have not been able to confirm that nor locate his burial...

-Joel Moloney McCloskey

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline jmmcclo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 July 17 20:49 BST (UK) »
Brian, I did a quick google and discovered the following:

"JOHANNA AUDLEY She was Born in 1850 and Christened, on the 29th March 1850 in the Parish of Inistioge. At the time of her Christening she was living in Ballycommon. She married MARTIN LYNG. Emigrated to the USA. She was of 1127 Nelson Street, The Town of Lake View, City of Chicago, Cook County, Illinois (as Johanna Lyng) in 1900. She died on the 11th July 1905 and was Buried on the 12th July 1905 at Mount Carmel Cemetery, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. It is presumed that her Husband had Died prior to 1910 as three of their children were living with Alexander Lyng the Brother of Martin Lyng in 1910."