Author Topic: Age of Executor - will of Daniel Rowland d Llangeitho 1790  (Read 3622 times)

Offline booksatskipton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Age of Executor - will of Daniel Rowland d Llangeitho 1790
« on: Monday 09 June 14 21:28 BST (UK) »
Rev Daniel Rowland wrote his will in 1784, 6 years before he died. In it he named his wife Elinor as one executor. The other executor was Daniel Rowland, son of Nathaniel Rowland, Clerk

An addition at the bottom of the will states to the effect that Rev Daniel Rowland's son Nathaniel and his son Daniel should be executors.

my problem is dating the birth of the younger Daniel. Nathaniel's DOB is generally given in biographies as 1749 but presumably young Daniel would have had to be 21 at the time of the will writing etc ? or is that not necessarily the case?
(I have the births of other children of Nathaniel as Elizabeth in 1775 and Louisa in 1785.)

Offline Janealogy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Executor - will of Daniel Rowland d Llangeitho 1790
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 August 15 23:25 BST (UK) »
Found this recently, thought it may be of some interest to you. I looked through the newspapers for any further details are it reads to be continued. It would appear that the to be continued is with other reports and not on this particular case in question.
Jane
Pembrokeshire St.Dogmaels names "Davies", "Jones" William (s)  and Rees, these families moved to Cardiff, Glamorgan.
Yorkshire, surname "Burniston"
Devon, Somerset and Cardiff Glamorgan surname "Wide"

Offline booksatskipton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Executor - will of Daniel Rowland d Llangeitho 1790
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 August 15 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thank you so much for posting this - a great find and possibly shows that the will was a little confusing about who witnessed and executed it etc.

jane