Author Topic: Sophia Mather  (Read 2970 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Sophia Mather
« on: Tuesday 10 June 14 13:34 BST (UK) »
I am looking for where Sophia Mather was baptised , she married Robert Hibbit in Exton in 1829 and they lived in Exton 1841/1851, in the 1851 it says she was born in Exton, but I can't find a baptism for her or any Mather baptisms in Exton.

In the 1851 it gives her age as 48yrs, she died in 1856 :)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline forte

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sophia Mather
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 July 14 16:54 BST (UK) »
I think I may have replied to you previously on this one.
I think you will find Sophia is Sophia WALKER (a mistranscription of Mather) bp 11/4/1803 (date given on census) dau of Thomas and Lucy, Exton.
Ma on my CD is for Robert Hibbitt and Sophia Walker on 2/2/1829 by banns, both otp Exton.
DEXTER-  pre 1800 Rutland & Lincolnshire
DAWSON -  Wymeswold Leics
HALL - Sheffield Yorkshire UK & Tasmania
MARSH- Willoughby on the Wolds
BLEWITT/BLUEITT/BLUITT mainly Grantham area

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Sophia Mather
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 July 14 17:35 BST (UK) »
I think I may have replied to you previously on this one.
I think you will find Sophia is Sophia WALKER (a mistranscription of Mather) bp 11/4/1803 (date given on census) dau of Thomas and Lucy, Exton.
Ma on my CD is for Robert Hibbitt and Sophia Walker on 2/2/1829 by banns, both otp Exton.

Yes, you did you PM me :)
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend