Author Topic: (***Completed with thanks***)Christina Barclay Drummond after 1911.  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
(***Completed with thanks***)Christina Barclay Drummond after 1911.
« on: Friday 13 June 14 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi fellow Fifers

Christina Barclay Drummond, born 28 Sep 1899 in Cellardyke, features in my family tree but I can find no trace of her after the 1911 Census when she was living at East Pitcorthie, Parish of Carnbee with her parents, William Elder Drummond and Christian Doig.

Her parents, brothers James Milne Drummond and Stephen Doig Drummond, and sister Margaret all emigrated to Hamilton, Ontario in 1929/1930. Three other brothers, Andrew, George and William, married and remained in Scotland. I've got supporting records for her parents and siblings.

Anyone have any clues?

Regards

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Christina Barclay Drummond after 1911
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 June 14 20:45 BST (UK) »
Perhaps she stayed as well, didn't use her middle name.  The following is the only death having an 1899 birth.

1969   DRUMMOND   CHRISTINA   Not Permissible       F   70   HAWICK   /ROXBURGH   789/00 0073   No Image   

Then perhaps she emigrated later or somewhere else and don't forget the rest of GB.

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 June 14 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Don

I saw that, but, having just been to Edinburgh all day yesterday, can't justify more £££ outlay £££ tonight. I'll pursue it on my visit next month, in the hope it could be her.

I'm also looking into a voyage to Montreal for a Chrissy Drummond

Regards

Chiad Fhear
Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 June 14 07:52 BST (UK) »
Hi again

No luck with the "Chrissy Drummond" on that voyage to Canada.  I've had a look on ScotlandsPeople and there are nine "Christi" - using minimum characters - Drummond deaths between 1911 and 1999 with a birth year 1899 +/- 1 year that I'll have to look at.

Chiad Fhear

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 June 14 09:02 BST (UK) »
re the "Chrissy Drummond" voyage to Montreal would this be record on FindMyPast of a "Chris Drummond, age 29, occpn Saleswoman, from Scotland" sailing for Montreal aboard the Saturnia, departed Glasgow, 25 July 1919?

The Saturnia's manifest on Canadian Archives shows a Christina Drummond, age 29, arriving Montreal aboard the Saturnia on 6 August 1919. The manifest states "going to married sister", intended occupation "Housekeeper". destination "Balearres(?)".

Wd. the "married sister" reference rule out this Christina from your search?

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 June 14 09:52 BST (UK) »
Hi "hanes teulu"

Regrettably no. Ten years too old. Search was on Ancestry.

This is the family - if it helps:
Children of WILLIAM DRUMMOND and CHRISTIAN DOIG were:
CHRISTINA BARCLAY DRUMMOND, b. 28 Sep 1899, 5 Rodger Street, Cellardyke, Parish of Kilrenny, Fife.
1901 Census Residing at High Street, Anstruther Wester, Fife
1911 Census Residing at East Pitcorthie, Parish of Carnbee, Fife - scholar

ANDREW DRUMMOND, b. 28 Apr 1902, High Street, Anstruther Wester, Fife; d. 27 Mar 1978, 10 Glentilt Crescent, Perth, Perthshire.

JAMES MILNE DRUMMOND, b. 28 Jan 1905, Chalmers Buldings, Anstruther Easter, Fife.
1911 Census Residing at East Pitcorthie, Parish of Carnbee, Fife - scholar
Sailed from Glasgow on board the S.S. "Letitia" on 20 May 1930 and arrived, a landed immigrant, at Québec, Canada on 8 Jun 1930 - to Father: Mr Drummond, c/o MacMillan, 46 Broch Street, Hamilton, Ontario. Next of Kin Mother: Mrs Chris. Drummond, 7 South Street, Methil, Fife

GEORGE DOIG DRUMMOND, b. 11 May 1907, Thornton, Parish of Dysart, Fife; d. 03 Jan 1979, Kirkcaldy, Fife.

MARGARET DRUMMOND, b. 31 Jul 1909, Wester Strathore, Thornton, Parish of Dysart, Fife.
1911 Census Residing at East Pitcorthie, Parish of Carnbee, Fife
Sailed from Greenock on board the S.S. "Duchess of York" on 28 June 1930 with her mother and brother Stephen and arrived, a landed immigrant, at Québec, Canada on 4 Jul 1930 - to Father: Mr Drummond, c/o MacMillan, 46 Broch Street, Hamilton, Ontario. Next of Kin Mrs Christine Johnstone, 2 Bowhouse Place, Methilhill, Fife

WILLIAM DRUMMOND, b. 28 Sep 1911, Pitcorthie, Parish of Carnbee, Fife; d. 14 Oct 1988, Parkdale, Leven, Fife.

STEPHEN DOIG DRUMMOND, b. 01 Jul 1913, East Pitcorthie, Parish of Carnbee, Fife.
Sailed from Greenock on board the S.S. "Duchess of York" on 28 Jun 1930 with his mother and sister Margaret and arrived, a landed immigrant, at Québec, Canada on 4 Jul 1930 - to Father: Mr Drummond, c/o MacMillan, 46 Broch Street, Hamilton, Ontario. Next of Kin Mrs Christine Johnstone, 2 Bowhouse Place, Methilhill, Fife
1940 Canada Voters List for Wentworth, Ontario Residing at 1315 Cannon Street with his parents
1957 Canada Voters List for London, Ontario Residing at 897 Queens Avenue

Chiad Fhear

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 June 14 16:41 BST (UK) »
Oh dear - apologies. For some reason I had read the year of birth as 1889 on the initial post. Hence my checking out the 29 yr old Christina sailing in 1919.
So (a) another senior moment or (b) should have gone to "S........s"!!!

Back to the drawing board.

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 June 14 16:54 BST (UK) »
We've all been there "hanes teulu"  ;)

Appreciated your help nevertheless and perhaps the additional info I've posted for the family will jog a memory somewhere!

Chiad Fhear

Offline drumfife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 17:01 BST (UK) »
Greetings,  I am Alan Milne Drummond, Hamilton On Canada.  Christina was my Aunt Chrissie.  My dad was James Milne Drummond.   My grandfather finally came to Canada in his last years and died here.  I knew Uncle Steve as well. Auntie Peg lived in Toronto.  I am new to this as I just joined Rootschat, so bear with me,  Hope this info helps.