Author Topic: Memorial Inscriptions for German burials? HALL & GELL  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Carol

• RootsChat Extra
  • wife, mom, gramma .. lifelong learner... fan of Y&R, blues music, classic rock music, photography, nature, dogs, sunny days, traveling, family history...
    • View Profile
Memorial Inscriptions for German burials? HALL & GELL
« on: Friday 13 June 14 20:21 BST (UK) »
Deborah Gell, wife of John: GELL, Deborah - age 83 - German - 29 Jun 1882

John Gell: GELL, John   - age 88 - German - 7 Sep 1892

James Hall: HALL, James - age 71 - German - 6 Mar 1910

Elizabeth, wife of James Hall: HALL, Elizabeth - age 74 - German - 2 Apr 1916

Thank you.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Inscriptions for German burials? HALL & GELL
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 June 14 15:21 BST (UK) »
no.746//  In / memory /of / DEBORAH  COWIN / the  beloved wife of John  GELL / of Glen Helen in
this parish/ who departed this life /the 28th of June 1882 / aged  53  years/ Her end was peace/ also/
the above named JOHN GELL/ who departed this  life / the 4th of September 1892/ aged 88years/

NOTE   WELL 53  !!

no.733 In memory of / EDWARD / who died April 6th 1866 aged 7 months/ also MARY JANE/ who died
March 2nd 1872 aged 5 years/children ofJames & Elizabeth HALL of  Peel/also MARY JANE daughter of the above who dies August 4th 1896 / aged 24years/ also the above JAMES HALL / who died March 4th 1910/aged76yeara/also ELIZABETH HALL / mother of the above,wife of James Hall/ who died March 31st 1916/ aged  74 years /  At   rest/

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Carol

• RootsChat Extra
  • wife, mom, gramma .. lifelong learner... fan of Y&R, blues music, classic rock music, photography, nature, dogs, sunny days, traveling, family history...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 June 14 19:05 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness! This is so exciting!! Such a wonderful surprise to wake up to this morning.. thank you ever so much! I appreciate it. I might have a few more of the Gell and Hall family members to look up as I go along. Again, many thanks. Carol. x

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 09:32 BST (UK) »
you can buy the trancribed MI's on a parish basis from IoM Fam Hist Soc (the money made helps the Society whose members spent the large amount of time transcribing each yard)- www.iomfhs.im
any thing with a Manx Connection