Author Topic: Memorial Inscriptions for German burials? HALL & GELL  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Carol

• RootsChat Extra
  • wife, mom, gramma .. lifelong learner... fan of Y&R, blues music, classic rock music, photography, nature, dogs, sunny days, traveling, family history...
    • View Profile
Memorial Inscriptions for German burials? HALL & GELL
« on: Friday 13 June 14 20:21 BST (UK) »
Deborah Gell, wife of John: GELL, Deborah - age 83 - German - 29 Jun 1882

John Gell: GELL, John   - age 88 - German - 7 Sep 1892

James Hall: HALL, James - age 71 - German - 6 Mar 1910

Elizabeth, wife of James Hall: HALL, Elizabeth - age 74 - German - 2 Apr 1916

Thank you.

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Inscriptions for German burials? HALL & GELL
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 June 14 15:21 BST (UK) »
no.746//  In / memory /of / DEBORAH  COWIN / the  beloved wife of John  GELL / of Glen Helen in
this parish/ who departed this life /the 28th of June 1882 / aged  53  years/ Her end was peace/ also/
the above named JOHN GELL/ who departed this  life / the 4th of September 1892/ aged 88years/

NOTE   WELL 53  !!

no.733 In memory of / EDWARD / who died April 6th 1866 aged 7 months/ also MARY JANE/ who died
March 2nd 1872 aged 5 years/children ofJames & Elizabeth HALL of  Peel/also MARY JANE daughter of the above who dies August 4th 1896 / aged 24years/ also the above JAMES HALL / who died March 4th 1910/aged76yeara/also ELIZABETH HALL / mother of the above,wife of James Hall/ who died March 31st 1916/ aged  74 years /  At   rest/

Offline Carol

• RootsChat Extra
  • wife, mom, gramma .. lifelong learner... fan of Y&R, blues music, classic rock music, photography, nature, dogs, sunny days, traveling, family history...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 June 14 19:05 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness! This is so exciting!! Such a wonderful surprise to wake up to this morning.. thank you ever so much! I appreciate it. I might have a few more of the Gell and Hall family members to look up as I go along. Again, many thanks. Carol. x

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 09:32 BST (UK) »
you can buy the trancribed MI's on a parish basis from IoM Fam Hist Soc (the money made helps the Society whose members spent the large amount of time transcribing each yard)- www.iomfhs.im
any thing with a Manx Connection