Author Topic: harry donnelly (1942-1985)/springburm lamarkshire  (Read 9010 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: harry donnelly (1942-1985)/springburm lamarkshire
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 June 14 21:34 BST (UK) »
Minnie there was an undertaker of that name in Springburn, he was known as "Screw-me-doon Donelly", coulld be a relation?

Skoosh.

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 June 14 15:26 BST (UK) »
hi yes i can confirm my mother and father are decesed. magdalenes parents names were john mclean and ann mcClure this is according to magdalene and hugh burkes marriage ceert. i cant even find a marriage for her parents. i also cant find any birth for henry edward donnelly. thanks everyone for the help x

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 June 14 17:52 BST (UK) »
John, there one birth showing in 1935 in Townhead, Glasgow for a Magdalene McLean. If the right entry, this would include details of her parents' marriage place and date (if married at the time of her birth).

There is also a death showing for an Ann McClure/McLean in Glasgow in 1961, born c. 1904. As I am sure you know, you can't tell from the indexes which is the maiden name from the index. You can view this year online. Might connect to Magdalene's mother perhaps?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 June 14 17:59 BST (UK) »
John, see you are online currently. Just edited my post as you have logged on I think. Checking you have seen latest edits.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 June 14 18:02 BST (UK) »
Possible marriage for your grandparents on your mum's side:

1925   John Alexander MCLEAN and Annie MCCLURE in St Rollox Glasgow ref. 644/08 0057

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 22 June 14 18:07 BST (UK) »
Henry Edward Donnelly's birth shows in Springburn in 1941, matching place names we have and age at death.

Both Henry and Magdalene's birth certs are outside the time period you can currently view birth regs online and would need to be ordered or viewed at one of the main Scottish genealogy centres.

Monica

Offline minnie1703

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 23 June 14 18:54 BST (UK) »
John, there one birth showing in 1935 in Townhead, Glasgow for a Magdalene McLean. If the right entry, this would include details of her parents' marriage place and date (if married at the time of her birth).

There is also a death showing for an Ann McClure/McLean in Glasgow in 1961, born c. 1904. As I am sure you know, you can't tell from the indexes which is the maiden name from the index. You can view this year online. Might connect to Magdalene's mother perhaps?

Monica

this is definately my mothers parents. im sorry but i may have just logged out as i you had replied yesterday as i havent seen yor messages until today so thankyou. annie mclures parents names were william mclure and from what i can make out from the certificate it says annie mcgraw but im unsure about the mcgraw bit because of the hand writing. john alexander mcleans parents were janet mcleod and alexander mclean. are you able to give me any help with this at all as im a total beginner at this compared to my partner. thanks xx

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Can't easily see anything so far for Annie McLure's parents  :-\ Can you send me the marriage cert image that you have viewed from SP? I will send you my email via PM.

You are doing great, John  :) You have complicated early years coupled with trying to work through that first phase of relations through the 20th Century, which given how recent records are, can be hard. As your partner Minnie will tell you, gets easier the further back you go...

Monica

Offline mcmillan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 03 October 14 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hi John, you are related to my son and already added to my family tree so i hope i will be able to fill in a few gaps for you..

Angela