Author Topic: Maesbangor farm  (Read 2037 times)

Offline hessinto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Nancy has enjoyed over 20 years in the hospitality industry, where she has a solid reputation for client satisfaction and impeccable customer service skills. She's led staff in both supervisory and management level positions, primarily in the entertainmen
    • View Profile
Maesbangor farm
« on: Monday 16 June 14 05:35 BST (UK) »
Any info about the farm ownership from 1900 would be great. Thanks

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maesbangor farm
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 June 14 06:20 BST (UK) »
In 1901 John E    James age   37 was living there with family - Listed as an Auctioneer Valuer & (Farmer)    Born Llanbadarnfawr, Cardiganshire with his wife Margaret W  born Llanfiangel Penant, Merionethshire and 6 children

Also with them John    Richard Father-In-Law Widower age 87 listed as a Retired Farmer     born Llanfiangel, Merionethshire    and in addition to servants Hugh Vaughan    Visitor age 27    Farmer    b Llanfiangel Penant, Merionethshire    

Kay

Offline hessinto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Nancy has enjoyed over 20 years in the hospitality industry, where she has a solid reputation for client satisfaction and impeccable customer service skills. She's led staff in both supervisory and management level positions, primarily in the entertainmen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 02:37 BST (UK) »
I know that John E and Margaret both died in 1908,I'm wondering where the kids went after that .my grandmother,Gwendolyn left in 1912,but I don't know where Thomas or Sarah or the other kids went.Does anyone have any ideas,I tried looking at 1911 census but couldn't find them., maybe its me.

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 09:00 BST (UK) »
Might be worth checking shipping lists to see if Barnados sent them to Canada or Oz
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)