Author Topic: Siberry Family - Information on Mary Jane Siberry  (Read 8414 times)

Offline sarahmcmast3r

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Siberry Family - Information on Mary Jane Siberry
« on: Monday 16 June 14 22:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've been looking up my family tree and I've been looking into the Siberry side - more specifically Mary Jane Siberry born approx 1890 (I'll try find a more exact date), I think she moved to America while she was still young  - it was rumoured that she was pregnant out of wedlock (I'm not sure if this is true or not though)   

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Siberry Family - Information on Mary Jane Siberry
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 June 14 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Could you tell us exactly what type of info you are looking for?

Apart from what you have told us - what other info do you already have about her so we don't duplicate it
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline sarahmcmast3r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 June 14 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm basically looking for anything really. I really don't have much information on her, she seems to be a dark spot for my family - I know her fathers name was John Siberry and he was married to Mary Taylor. She was from quite a big family being one of 8/9 children. The only member of the family I have any solid information on is Mary Jane's sister Annie Siberry.

Thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 00:11 BST (UK) »
I can't see her on the 1901 Irish census so she may have emigrated before then.  Given that she was only born 1890 - I am assuming her parents also emigrated.

There is no birth reg showing on FS

I can't see her on the 1900 US census on Family Search either

Where did you get the info from re: her name and birthyear?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 00:22 BST (UK) »
The 2005 Ireland electoral rolls has one individual and one (three member) family named Siberry
residing in Sligo.
The surname is such that you can reasonably assume they are members of the same family of
the one you seek.
If you want the details you will have to make one more forum post before you can use the
PM (private message) facility to contact me as this is the only way I can provide them.
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 00:45 BST (UK) »
I had a look on RootsIreland and had no luck with Sligo so tried the whole country, with parents names I got 2 hits but they are in Leitrim a Margaret Grace Sibbery in 1882 and an Anne Siberry in 1900, can't find them in the 1901 census but had noticed a lot of Siberry's come from Leitrim.

Offline sarahmcmast3r

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Margaret Grace and Annie are members of my family - Annie was my great grandmother.  Sher mother and father had 9 children Mary Jane was born in 1879, so the marriage details found could be for her father (john was born in 1859 so of he was married in 1878 then he would have been 19 when he was married, and Mary would have been 20 when she was married) I believe they did live in Leitrim for awhile while some of the children were younger.
I'm not sure exactly when Mary Jane went to America but I think it was around 1900s, the rest of the family stayed in Ireland - so as far as I can make out only Mary Jane went over seas. Her brother richard moved to Canada sometime around 1914 and joined the Canadian army.

Thanks

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 15:53 BST (UK) »
There is this birth https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FBSK-BTB
But than there is also this death https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FTHR-2JX

If Mary Jane is the only one in America before 1911 we should be able to find the rest on the 1901 and 1911 Census. (Will keep looking)
Is there any chance they could have moved to the UK?