Author Topic: Mulvehill-Limerick  (Read 2207 times)

Offline quirk_cantwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mulvehill-Limerick
« on: Tuesday 17 June 14 11:05 BST (UK) »
Although not related, I am trying to find out info on a Mulvehill (later became Melville) family that came to NSW, Australia in 1854. They were Catholic, I am pretty sure. The father James Mulvehill born either 1792 (Death says) or 1800 (Immig. says), son of James and Margaret, immigrated with his wife Anne nee unknown (parents Thomas and Agnes) and their 7 children.  His son Samuel's obituary says he was born Corough, Co. Limerick..  Does anyone have any idea where or if this place exists?

Thanks
Shauna
P.S. There is also a John Mulvehill c 1833 that comes to NSW in 1857 and appears to be sponsored by James. He marries one of James' daughters, I am pretty sure.
Full,Leer,Fisher,Ashton,Brown,Dooley,Northeast,Tuff Golding, Ryan Donohue,Page,Quirk,McGrath,Cantwell,Swan,Mann,Hoare,Burge,Bayliss,Westbury.

Offline quirk_cantwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mulvehill-Limerick
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 June 14 11:06 BST (UK) »
With the help of a Pm from George who suggested Corough could be Curragh and a certificate that says James' daughter was born Stonehall. I think Curragh now Curragh Chase would be the place I am looking for. James' daughter married John Mulvehill (spelt Mulvil) at the time and he says he was born Skaten, Limerick.

I am having a guess that this could be Askeaton unless anyone has another suggestion of where Skaten is?

The Irish are very good at confusing me.
Cheers
Shauna
Full,Leer,Fisher,Ashton,Brown,Dooley,Northeast,Tuff Golding, Ryan Donohue,Page,Quirk,McGrath,Cantwell,Swan,Mann,Hoare,Burge,Bayliss,Westbury.