Author Topic: (*Completed with thanks*)James McKenzie born Craig 1821  (Read 9530 times)

Offline jennywren001

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with yet another pudding bowl haircut...
    • View Profile
(*Completed with thanks*)Re: James McKenzie born Craig 1821
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica - went to bed last night convinced it was the wrong Alexander and woke up this morning convince that it was the right one! Downloaded his 1864 MC but no further clues on that. His wife's mother's MS was Craib so that's where Jessie got her name.

OK on the 'it's him list':
1. Susan Davidson (although listed as Mrs Mitchell) is listed as his mother on DC and MC.
2. On the census he consistently puts down born in Craig.
3. On the 51 census, while living with Susan he's down as a scholar at age 20 - then turns out to be a teacher by 61 (dies a grocer).
4. I can't find another Alexander Mitchell born Craig on any census...
5. Family links with his middle names Davidson and Deucher (Susan's sister Ann is married to one)
The only thing that's a bit out is his age - 3 years younger from 61 census onwards - think I may have to live with that.

back to weeding...
Jen

North East Scotland above the Tay...
JOLLY, Johnston,Thom, Rae, Davidson, Fielding, Sherret
FEARN, McKenzie, Stirling [brick wall], Robb, Wilson, Stott
RUSSELL, Fullerton, Christie, Cochrane, Davidson, Coutts, Easton, Scott
FRASER, Henderson, Noble, Mundie, Goodall, Thain, Neish, Moir

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.