Author Topic: Help needed in Brightside Bierlow please  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Anna Moir

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help needed in Brightside Bierlow please
« on: Saturday 21 June 14 11:35 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am an experienced researcher, but am completely stuck. I'm trying to:
1. Marry Charles Hukin to someone called Ann circa 1845
2. Kill off this Ann HUKIN, last seen on the 1851 at 5 Serjeants Row, Brightside Bierlow (family down as ATKINS, but is definitely the one I'm seeking). Husband Charles remarries as a widow in 16th Feb 1855 to Sarah ann SOMERSET.
3. Find the correct mother (ie one of the women above) for Charles Frederick HUKIN, born circa 1853 in Sheffield.

Unfortunately Sheffield Indexes hasn't yet yielded the results I need for the above. The Hukins have eluded for over 20 years so it would be nice to finally crack the family I married into! 

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Brans, Winwick, Lauder, Moir, Doig, Holbrook

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed in Brightside Bierlow please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 June 14 12:28 BST (UK) »
Not trying to add the confusion here, but have you noticed that freebmd has a marriage between Charles Hukin and Sarah Ann MOUNT in 1855?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Anna Moir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 June 14 12:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Craclyn, no confusion, I should have clarified, Sarah Ann Somerset had married previously to a man called Mount, (can't kill him off though) so she married Charles Hukin as Sarah Mount. I have that certificate.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 June 14 12:58 BST (UK) »

I was just going to reply to Craclyn that she married Samuel Mount Q2 1840, Sheffield - 22, 415.
A number of poss deaths for him 1840-1852 in Yorkshire area.

Gadget

PS - 1852 one was aged 28 and one 67.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Khukin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 May 18 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi, I’m a descendant of Charles Munro Hukin who was married to sarah. Im having the family tree looked into at the moment, and just looked on the internet out of curiosity of some of the names on there. There is a record stating that Sarah Hukin was admitted to an asylum. Ill try to get more details. Also, Charles Hukin previosly owned a few houses on the same steeet, but then died at the age of 53 in a workhouse, so im not sure what happened to his fortunes.

Offline Anna Moir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 10 June 18 03:04 BST (UK) »
Good to hear you are delving into the FH. I must admit that as an in-law rather than a descendant by delving has spasmodic. What I have found makes me believe our Charles (a file grinder) did not own houses (he lived in Sargents Row if that's any help), died in 1876 in Sheffield aged 51, and had been injured in work accidents in 1854 and 1878. His wife Sarah (Somerset, and married to Samuel Mount prior to marrying Charles Hukin in 1855) died in Sheffield in 1878 aged 57. This and subsequent generations of the family have needed large chucks of salt to accompany stories they have told! This Charles was previously to a lady named Anne, but I can find neither the marriage or her death, not for want of looking. In doing so I learnt there were several Charles Hukins in the area, a couple of Charles/Sarah combinations. Just proves relatively uncommon names are not necessarily easier to trace! Best wishes with your research. Robyn