Author Topic: John FRANCIS of Kent - baptism lookups  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Janet Mc

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John FRANCIS of Kent - baptism lookups
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Yes, good idea to stick with John Francis. Yes, I have all the information about Elizabeth FRANCIS and Henry PHILPS ... and after they arrived in NZ.

I have asked people why they've gone with the JF 1800 Staffordshire but there is no logical reason that anyone has given. I'm sticking with JF born in Kent unless anyone can prove otherwise since both his marriages were there.

I still like the Penshurst family, parents George FRANCIS and Jane Anscombe/Aynscomb as a good possibility. Timing fits the death certificate (or close) + distance is 14 miles from first marriage spot. What I need to prove is what happened to their son JOHN christened 11 Feb 1798.

The other three Kent births - 2 were dismissed because died or were married and died in the same area. The third was 50+ miles from marriage place.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 15 February 18 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Did George or Jane leave a will that mentions John? Did any of his siblings go to NZ as far as you know.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Janet Mc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 15 February 18 02:34 GMT (UK) »
I haven't yet pushed on with the George/Jane Francis family.

I am much more familiar with looking things up in Sussex - they have a marvelous membership and access to wills ...

I can look today and see if any of the sons of George/Jane migrated ...