Author Topic: Alexander Miln or Milne & Elisabeth Taylor  (Read 3136 times)

Offline amilne109

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Alexander Miln or Milne & Elisabeth Taylor
« on: Sunday 29 June 14 20:07 BST (UK) »
I seem to have hit a wall with this couple, they were born around 1800. I think Elisabeth`s parents were David Taylor and Margaret Eadie living in Auchterarder but unconfirmed. Alexander is a complete blank, I cannot find birth, marriage or death records. They had 5 children, Peter, Mary, John, Alexander and Elizabeth between 1831 and 1840. Elisabeth Taylor and the children appear in the 1841 census but not her partner Alexander. In the 9 years from 1831to 1840 I can place them in Auchterarder and Forteviot. Any help or guidance gratefully received.

Milne Miln Mill in Forfar, Newcastle and Chesterfield
Poppleton in Yorkshire & Newcastle upon Tyne
Armstrong in Dumfries ,Liverpool,India.
Howe How in Carlisle, Cumberland,
Garthwaite in County Durham, Bishop Auckland, Carlisle, Annan Dumfries.
Donoghue in Gateshead, Co. Durham
Gaffney in Roscommon, Renfrew, Newcastle and Gateshead.

Offline amilne109

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Miln or Milne & Elisabeth Taylor
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 July 14 18:03 BST (UK) »
I seem to have hit a wall with this couple, they were born around 1800. I think Elisabeth`s parents were David Taylor and Margaret Eadie living in Auchterarder but unconfirmed. Alexander is a complete blank, I cannot find birth, marriage or death records. They had 5 children, Peter, Mary, John, Alexander and Elizabeth between 1831 and 1840. Elisabeth Taylor and the children appear in the 1841 census but not her partner Alexander. In the 9 years from 1831to 1840 I can place them in Auchterarder and Forteviot. Any help or guidance gratefully received.
Since posting this I have found an entry in Perth parish records of an Alexr Mill who died in December1841and lists cause of death as "casualty" but does not state of what  ???
Milne Miln Mill in Forfar, Newcastle and Chesterfield
Poppleton in Yorkshire & Newcastle upon Tyne
Armstrong in Dumfries ,Liverpool,India.
Howe How in Carlisle, Cumberland,
Garthwaite in County Durham, Bishop Auckland, Carlisle, Annan Dumfries.
Donoghue in Gateshead, Co. Durham
Gaffney in Roscommon, Renfrew, Newcastle and Gateshead.