Author Topic: Rachel Murray b:1872 Kimbriki NSW possibly died 1947 Randwick NSW  (Read 5305 times)

Offline annevicary

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rachel Murray b:1872 Kimbriki NSW possibly died 1947 Randwick NSW
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 July 17 02:51 BST (UK) »
There is a picture of the sandstone slab covering the Murray vault in the History of the Australian Murrays, the inscription reads: Here lies John Murray late Gardener in Tour, who died July 15th, 1749 aged 80 years.  Also Isobel Turnbull his Spouse who died August 17th, 1746 aged 67 years.  Here lies John Murray lately Farmer of Spittal son of aforesaid John Murray, Gardener in Tour who died March 16th 1772 aged 63 years.  Also Jean Henderson, his Spouse who died November 18th, 1786 aged 72 years.  Also John Murray their son, late Gardener at Spittal who died January 5th 1808 aged 75 years, and also Archibald and Margaret their children who died in the prime of life.  Also Andrew Murray, late tennant in Tour who died 1777 aged 63 years.  John Murray, Gardener in Spittal, who died January 5th, 1808 aged 75 years.  Also Mary Cleugh his Spouse who died in Denholm October 21, 1816 aged 65 years.  John Murray, Farmer in Denholm, son of John Murray, Gardener in Spittal who died January 22nd 1845 aged 60 years.
Vicary, Whitlock, Bidmead, Ford, Cockram/n, Bragg, Murray, McIntyre, Martin, Moore, Veitch, Summerville, Paterson,

Offline Alexandrina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Rachel Murray b:1872 Kimbriki NSW possibly died 1947 Randwick NSW
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 December 17 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Anne,

I have a copy of the book as well.
Also inside the Kirk at Bedrule I saw a visitors book where a member
of your family had left the inscription printed inside. So future
generations should be able to see it as well. Such a shame that
the stone is laying flat because the inscriptions are now almost
completely unreadable due to weathering. Just as well that a member
of your family went over there prior to this happening. I obtained the
copy of the book from Alex Murray of Kimbriki-Taree around 35 years ago I suppose,
not sure - but ages and ages ago.
Thank you for reprinting it here. :)

Alexandrina Murray
MURRAY NOBLE MOFFAT MACDOUGALL  LEES MCINNES  RINTOUL KENNEDY ANDERSON HALL KELSO REID BOWES STEWART LINTON GAFF LOWRIE  ELLIOTT  GRANT TURNBULL BURNETT STENHOUSE MONTGOMERY SWORD CARROLL DALGLEISH  Mostly of the Scottish Borders Selkirk & Melrose Temple Balantrodoch & Skye