Author Topic: Looking for Douglas Allison born Scotland 1931 emigrated 1955 to New Brunswick  (Read 6718 times)

Offline Arrangirl81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Douglas Allison born Scotland 1931 emigrated 1955 to New Brunswick
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 19 November 16 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Hello, could one of the mods please remove this post now?
Thanks in advance
Isle of Arran/Ayrshire - Reid, Dick, McConnell, Purden/Purdie, Allison, McKirdy/McCurdie, Tennant, Hamilton, Bowles
Renfreshire -Port Glasgow - Purdie/Purden, McKirdy/McCurdie/McReady
Eastwood Parish/Pollokshaws area, Glasgow - Campbell, Dick, McLachlan/McLauchlan/McLoughlin/McLaughlan, Edgar, McFarlane, Norris, Gray,
Linlithgow/New Kilpatrick/Milngavie - Dick, Edgar
Edinburgh/Leith/Milngavie/Stirling - John Reid
Belfast/County Derry/Magherafelt - Murray, McCormick, McCormack

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Douglas Allison born Scotland 1931 emigrated 1955 to New Brunswick
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 19 November 16 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Arrangirl

I'm sorry but topics aren't deleted from Rootschat when they are completed.

The are kept online so that people can make contact just as Dr Balachandra did.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Arrangirl81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 20 November 16 16:13 GMT (UK) »
OK thanks, I understand.
Isle of Arran/Ayrshire - Reid, Dick, McConnell, Purden/Purdie, Allison, McKirdy/McCurdie, Tennant, Hamilton, Bowles
Eastwood Parish/Pollokshaws area, Glasgow - Campbell, Dick, McLachlan/McLauchlan/McLoughlin/McLaughlan, Edgar, McFarlane, Norris, Gray,

Offline jmckirdycorletto

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 17 July 17 07:34 BST (UK) »
Hi! My name is Jennifer and I'm the daughter of Daniel McKirdy. I was going through some of my dad's things and came across his boarding info for the ship he took from Glasgow to Canada. Typed in the info, and this chatvcame up. What info are you looking for? I have a pretty extensive family tree that my paternal uncle has been working on for years.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 17 July 17 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

And another contact for Arrangirl.

She was online here last November but should receive an email notification that you have posted and hopefully come back soon.

Dawn

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Arrangirl81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi! My name is Jennifer and I'm the daughter of Daniel McKirdy. I was going through some of my dad's things and came across his boarding info for the ship he took from Glasgow to Canada. Typed in the info, and this chatvcame up. What info are you looking for? I have a pretty extensive family tree that my paternal uncle has been working on for years.

Hi Jennifer,
I'd be really interested in sharing info with you to see if we are connected at all. The Daniel mckirdy rust travelled to Canada was on the same ship as one of my family members, who was also descended from a Mckirdy so I wondered if there was any connection. My great great grandmother was a Mckirdy, I haven't been able to trace much of her side so far but know her father was James and she was born in Greenock or Port Glasgow and may have been in the poor house school for a short period. Some of her children ended up living with a Daniel Mckirdy in Greenock many years later. If any of this rings a bell please do get in touch.
Thanks,
Irene