Author Topic: Looking for Douglas Allison born Scotland 1931 emigrated 1955 to New Brunswick  (Read 6717 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
There is also a FIND A GRAVE entry for Daniel.

Burial: Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Glendale)  Glendale Los Angeles County California.
Plot: Benediction Slope, Lot 1102, Space 4

http://www.rootschat.com/links/017xt/ 

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Douglas Allison born Scotland 1931 emigrated 1955 to New Brunswick
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 July 14 10:24 BST (UK) »
Daniel married in Los Angeles 4 Feb 1978 - will send the info by pm. The lady he married was a lot younger - if you use http://www.whitepages.com/ you would find her listed with people associated to her also listed.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Arrangirl81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Douglas Allison born Scotland 1931 emigrated 1955 to New Brunswick
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 July 14 10:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks or all the ino Sandra will check that out. It seems likely that Daniel McKirdy was a relative too.
I have found someone on facebook who may be one of Douglas's children so am waiting to hear back from her.
Thanks again.
Isle of Arran/Ayrshire - Reid, Dick, McConnell, Purden/Purdie, Allison, McKirdy/McCurdie, Tennant, Hamilton, Bowles
Renfreshire -Port Glasgow - Purdie/Purden, McKirdy/McCurdie/McReady
Eastwood Parish/Pollokshaws area, Glasgow - Campbell, Dick, McLachlan/McLauchlan/McLoughlin/McLaughlan, Edgar, McFarlane, Norris, Gray,
Linlithgow/New Kilpatrick/Milngavie - Dick, Edgar
Edinburgh/Leith/Milngavie/Stirling - John Reid
Belfast/County Derry/Magherafelt - Murray, McCormick, McCormack

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 July 14 10:48 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome. Fingers crossed. Come back if you need anything else or have more clues.

Cheers
Sandra  ;)

Offline Arrangirl81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 23:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for your help Sandra. I've now made contact with one of Douglas's children. I've still to follow up the Daniel mcKirdy but I will, so thanks for your info on that.
Isle of Arran/Ayrshire - Reid, Dick, McConnell, Purden/Purdie, Allison, McKirdy/McCurdie, Tennant, Hamilton, Bowles
Eastwood Parish/Pollokshaws area, Glasgow - Campbell, Dick, McLachlan/McLauchlan/McLoughlin/McLaughlan, Edgar, McFarlane, Norris, Gray,

Offline Dr. T. Balachandra

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 18:47 BST (UK) »
I am Dr. T. Balachandra, Chief Medical Examiner for the Province of Manitoba. I am sorry to inform you that Mr. Douglas M Allison passed away on March 31, 2016 in Winnipeg. His date of birth was July 3, 1931, born in Isle of Arron. He was a Private in the Merchant Navy of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1951. I have his regimental number. He immigrated to Canada in 1955.There is no next of kin to claim the body. Therefore, our office is in charge of making funeral arrangements. There is sufficient money in his Bank for the funeral. His body is at the Chapel Lawn Funeral Home in Winnipeg. Please contact me at (204) 945-4489 (Office ) or at (204) 889-0809 (home). You could also contact Mr. Gordon Holens, who is in charge of making funeral arrangements, at (204) 945-2088, general office, and ask for him or call (204) 945-5750, direct number. In the mean time we are going to contact the Police Station in the Isle of Arron to locate any other next-of-kin. Thanks

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 04 May 16 23:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Dr Balachandra

Welcome to Rootschat and thank you for taking the time to post. (How did you find this topic?)

Arrangirl81 was online a few weeks ago so should receive and email notification that you have posted and hopefully come back soon.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Arrangirl81

Sorry to hear the sad news on Douglas M Allison but hopefully thru this site some relatives and next of kin have been found.

Thinking of you all
Sandra  :'(

Offline Arrangirl81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have contacted Douglas's next of kin to pass on this news.

Thanks.