Author Topic: Brethren Church Yard Hereford - George and Theresa [nee Eccles] McAdam  (Read 5147 times)

Offline Robuste

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brethren Church Yard Hereford - George and Theresa [nee Eccles] McAdam
« on: Wednesday 02 July 14 05:32 BST (UK) »
I understand that my GG Grandparents are buried in the Brethren Church Yard in Hereford. I assume that that is behind the present Barton Hall that I have found on Google Maps.
Can anyone tell me please if they have an identifiable headstone and if so where in the churchyard I would find it. I hope to be in Hereford in the later part of Sept this year.
Thanks
Rod McAdam

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brethren Church Yard Hereford - George and Theresa [nee Eccles] McAdam
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 07:18 BST (UK) »
The Herefordshire FHS has a CD-Rom for sale that includes a transcription of MI's and a map of the locations of the memorials.  Cost is £4 per parish, including p&p.

http://www.herefordshirefhs.org.uk/publications
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Robuste

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 07:37 BST (UK) »
oh great thanks very much JGarrad :)

Regards

Rod

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 July 14 09:54 BST (UK) »
You might find it beneficial posting this request on Herefordshire Board
Alternatively you could request a Moderator move this thread to the correct board
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Robuste

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 July 14 10:14 BST (UK) »
OH thanks I hadn't noticed that I had confused my Here's with my Herts. As you can tell I am not from the UK... well 150 years since my ancestors left Hereford.

Actually I think people have given me the information I need here anyway so this msg chain can probably be closed.

Rod

Offline Phil Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 February 17 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello Rod
I have recently been doing some research into the early brethren in Hereford, and George McAdam is amongst names mentioned.
I have confirmed that Theresa is buried in the graveyard in the same grave as Harriet Eccles her mother, but I dont think it mentions George, but one would assume that he is also buried in this graveyard.
If you would like me to confirm this for you, I am happy to go and have a look myself, I would need to get permission from the owners of the Hall as you cant access the graveyard without going through the hall.
I would be very interested to hear what you have managed to find out about your GG grandparents, and also I am trying to trace another descendent of Henry & Catherine Young nee Eccles who I am told is a Elizabeth Wilson from Sydney - if you know anything about this, I would be very interested.
Many thanks
Phil Smith

Offline Robuste

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 February 17 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Phil
Thanks for your msg. I have sent you a personal internal msg here as well.
Yes I would be very interested in any further information and or pictures inside the church yard etc.
I tried to arrange a visit through the church when I was in Hereford in 2014 but was unable to make contact with the people I had been told to contact. I think that a lot of the grave stones have deteriorated badly and been piled up in a corner somewhere.
I suspect that possibly G&T's son Christopher could also be buried there as he seems to have been actively involved as well. Where any other family members involved? William Edward was Anglican in New Zealand and we only became aware of the Brethren connection recently.
Yes I think I can give you contact details for Libby or otherwise for another Young / Eccles descendant that I communicate with in Australia.
There are some quite complex relationships/connections between the Young / Eccles / Deck / Lowe families.

Regards

Rod McAdam

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 17 February 17 10:13 GMT (UK) »
   Rod,  Phil most likely will not have received your personal message as you have to have made 3 posts to use this system.

Phil,
    Welcome to rootschat  :)

If you make two more replies on this thread,    Just say hi or hello,  then you will be able to exchange personal info.  using the PM system

Mike

Offline Robuste

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 17 February 17 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mike :)