Author Topic: Anyone know when ERY Parish Registers are coming to Find My Past?  (Read 5075 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Anyone know when ERY Parish Registers are coming to Find My Past?
« on: Wednesday 02 July 14 19:24 BST (UK) »
In Feb last year, there was a lot of publicity about Find My Past being awarded a contract for the online publication of East & North Yorkshire parish records. Since then I've not heard a thing.

Is anyone 'in the know'? We thought they might be part of the much vaunted 100 new databases on FindMyPast but they're currently in the 80s and still no sign of them!

Has anyone picked up on any other updates?

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know when ERY Parish Registers are coming to Find My Past?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 19:40 BST (UK) »
It was announced in Feb 2012 that Westminster was going online, the first batch went online in March 2013 but the collection is still far from complete  :-\

Don't hold your breath  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Ibbo2000

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 20:01 BST (UK) »
If I remember correctly (so probably wrong) in an article I read at the time of the announcement it would take them around 18 months to complete - so I too am hoping for them to be included in the 100 in 100 days.

Would be happy with just the images being available, wouldn't be too bothered if they were not fully transcribed, similar to the Lincolnshire images.

When they become available may have to renew my subscription, have let it lapse after the recent site 'improvements' (waiting for the improvements to the improvements ;D)  and have quite a few North Yorkshire lines of my family I wouldn't mind taking a look at. 

Kev.
Ibbertson
Knight
Burton Turner
Greensides
Ketley

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 23:37 BST (UK) »
I've got so many ERY records I want to check out to see who the parents of various children are, that I couldn't possibly afford to buy all the relevant certificates, so I wish FindMyPast would hurry up and put the records on their site.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 July 14 17:06 BST (UK) »
Would be happy with just the images being available, wouldn't be too bothered if they were not fully transcribed, similar to the Lincolnshire images.

Kev.

Me too! The earlier ones are never fully indexed anyway so its always best to browse for yourself. Had another go at googling but still nothing showing up.

I suppose we shall just have to carry on being patient (not my greatest quality!).  :-\

Jill
HELP!!!

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 July 14 20:25 BST (UK) »
Why does it always seem the ERY records are last to be made available on genealogy sites.....sigh  :-\
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 July 14 14:58 BST (UK) »
Its the registers held by the Borthwick Institute that are my main problem. Fortunately, I'm pretty sure the Borthwick is a member of the Consortium which are supposed to be providing the PRs going onto FindMyPast so I'm hoping ( :-\) that some of the western East Riding PRs and eastern West Riding PRs will be included. Not to mention North Yorkshire where some of the parishes I'm interested in are now, but were in W Yks!!

Its a minefield - and I'm from Yorkshire! The hope is that entries will be easier to find, especially for people who have no knowledge at all of the boundaries and all the changes made over the years.

Jill
HELP!!!

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 07 July 14 18:55 BST (UK) »
Why does it always seem the ERY records are last to be made available on genealogy sites.....sigh  :-\
Carol

I think you'll find quite a few counties are well behind ERY. :-\   At least they are due on FindMyPast at some point, some of the others there are no signs of being digitised, such as Somerset, Wiltshire and Berkshire (unless anyone knows differently). >:(  I know there are some transcripts for Wilts and Berks online, but its patchy and they are only transcripts and I'd like to see the originals. ;)
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Ibbo2000

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 04:33 BST (UK) »
I'm also very interested in viewing the Borthwick records and hopefully the Doncaster Archives will be available to (think they are part of the consortium - or have I got that wrong). Would love to be able to look through some parish records for the Doncaster area as a branch of my family appear to pop backwards and forwards from the West Yorkshire Archive material (held on Ancestry) to records held at the Doncaster Archives, why couldn't they just stay in one village ;D

Kev.
Ibbertson
Knight
Burton Turner
Greensides
Ketley