Author Topic: Mary Ann Goulden 1838  (Read 8156 times)

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Goulden 1838
« Reply #9 on: Friday 04 July 14 16:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks Chatters, very much appreciated
May well come back to you, if that`s alright
Cheers

John

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 05 July 14 05:55 BST (UK) »
Mary Ann Tobin was born in St.Helens 1838, but still need info on her parents who were Thomas & Bridget and a record shows somewhere in Roscommon.
I have posted on the Roscommon but to date had no replies, I would like thank Rosie & Heywood for your help.

John

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 05 July 14 05:59 BST (UK) »
Sorry , in my  last post I said Mary Ann Tobin born 1838, I did mean Mary Ann Goulden, ( need another cup of tea)

John

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 July 14 06:27 BST (UK) »
Mary Ann Tobin was born in St.Helens 1838, but still need info on her parents who were Thomas & Bridget and a record shows somewhere in Roscommon.
I have posted on the Roscommon but to date had no replies, I would like thank Rosie & Heywood for your help.

John

John, this is the Roscommon board  :)
I gave you the link to the marriage in reply #8, which shows Killucan parish and could be your couple.
I also suggested you get a birth certificate of a child born in England to make sure that is the same couple.
Your needs are very early for Irish records and you would be very fortunate if that record is yours.
Civil registration did not begin until 1864, so you need to know religion and parish at least.

You need to know Bridget's surname.
Perhaps you need more than a cup of tea  :D

Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 05 July 14 06:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Heywood, Her mothers Maiden Name was McCabe, but now come across another marriage for Thomas Goulden, I am sure Bridget died about 1856 in St.Helens and then Thomas wed Winifred Kiernan 1859, (he didn't hang about) They came over from Ireland after the original wedding & settled in St.Helens, I can not find anything on Thomas`s parents though.
It is absolutely pouring down right now, think I will go & stand in it, just to wake up a bit.

Thanks
John

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 05 July 14 07:21 BST (UK) »
If you have McCabe from a birth certificate and know for sure, then that is the marriage.
It is unlikely that you would find their parents.
You could search Family Search for other Goulden/Golden and McCabe names of same period which may be relatives but proving that would be difficult.
An early Irish record is The Tithe Applotment Books
You may find the surnames there but that is all.

Have you got Thomas' second marriage certificate? That would give you his father's name.

Offline James2you

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 05 July 14 07:29 BST (UK) »
I will check and get back to you, I do have all sorts of certs & records from the Tobins to Gouldens,
Through out the census & records from other sources the surname does change from Goldens, Goldings to Goulden

cheers for now

John

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 05 July 14 11:23 BST (UK) »
Hi tree has a death date for Bridget Goulden 13/1/1855 Frazer Street St Helens they were living at this address on the 1851 census as you have the marriage in 1859 for Thomas & Winifred Lowe House R C chapel Prescot
They are still at the same house in 1861 I presume you have all the census forms ?
You just need to find Bridget & Thomas 's parents which might be on their marriage certificate if you manage to get one in Ireland  :) :)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 05 July 14 11:45 BST (UK) »
Rosie,
There will be no certificate for the marriage in Ireland - it's too early. At that time the parish records
would probably show just the very basics and if the fathers' names were shown, you would think it would be on that Family Search record so perhaps no further there.
However, the second marriage to Winifred Burbage/Kiernan should show his father's name.
Heywood

I wonder if there are any other Goldens or McCabes in the area who may possibly be relatives?